Will Webb be Better this Weekend ??

He will be riding the tweaked Tank. 

150659_webb_mx17_ironman_rs_2261.jpg?aut

Without AMA production and homologation rules to worry about for the FIM MXGP of USA, Cooper Webb will make his racing debut on the all-new 2018 Yamaha YZ450F this weekend.

Webb has had one of those bikes in his possession for a while now, but got down to the business of testing out in California last week to get the machine race-ready for the event, which takes place this Saturday and Sunday at the WW Motocross Park in Jacksonville, Florida.

Webb, the 2016 250MX National Champion, had an okay rookie 450MX season, with seventh in the final standings, but he had just one moto podium. Surely he hopes for more for his second 450 campaign in 2018, and the new bike could be the key to doing it.

Last year Webb raced the MXGP of the Americas in Charlotte, North Carolina, in the MX2 (250) class, and went head-to-head with eventual MX2 World Champion Jeffrey Herlings. They split the motos but Webb came out on top of the overall after a scintillating second moto come-from-behind charge, and his 2-1 scores won the day. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

The '18 must be amazing if he's switching to it already!

Hopefully they'll at least change the front fender and front plate to the "17 and earlier style. Seriously I love blue but it's the only bike that went backwards in looks. 

I hope he does well and the new bike brings out some confidence and speed. He's a solid rider and I wish he'd be top 4-5 more consistently. We'll see what this new bike does for him.

• Like 1

He did fine when he raced the 2015 & 2016 YZ450 and now that he's on one full time it's the bikes fault???  

News shocker........IT'S HIM :thumbsdn:

• Like 2

Makes one wonder if Webb riding orange would improve his riding, I mean Baggett came out of nowhere this year, he had some good rides on yellow but he upped his game this season. 

• Like 1

The current YZ450 is so good that factory Yamaha fills the tires with cement just to level the playing field.  He won't have that restriction this weekend, so he's likely going to go 1-1.

• Like 4

They didn't even change it that much. It's probably still flaming hot garbage

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shields164 said:

I hope he does well and the new bike brings out some confidence and speed. He's a solid rider and I wish he'd be top 4-5 more consistently. We'll see what this new bike does for him.

The new bike won't do anything for him.  

Webb = Overrated.

True Story

2 hours ago, GoRide2 said:

A bike is only as good as its rider.

100% rider

0% Bike

7 hours ago, meyermetal said:

He did fine when he raced the 2015 & 2016 YZ450 and now that he's on one full time it's the bikes fault???  

News shocker........IT'S HIM :thumbsdn:

the_shocker_decal.jpg

Febvre went back to 16 settings and immediately won a overall , first one he's had this year

you can't argue with stupid or Yamaha owners

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GoRide2 said:

Is your prediction based on your incorrect first sentence? 

• Like 3

I predicted Webb going 5-7th in points at the beginning of this season.  He ended in 7th barely, but he did miss a number of motos as well.  This bike is not going to make a night and day difference for him, but if it's more forgiving and more confidence inspiring then that will be a lot for him.  Let's face it, he was not beating Tomac, Baggett, Musquin, or Anderson this season, but I expect him to be a bit more racy next year and not because of a new bike. Not having a teammate is not helping him and I think in supercross he might as well have not had a teammate.  Just my guess, but I doubt Reed had any kind of setup tips to share.  He may never be a 450 champ, but he is going to get a lot better. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, phantom451 said:

Febvre hasn't been himself in over a year. Ever since cairoli clipped him on the ground it's been bad.

Sent from my VS880 using ThumperTalk mobile app

Not exactly that.. he had some serious problems with depth perception since last years crash in the UK. There's been some talk about it in the paddock and connecting the dots together (thus strictly my opinion) is that he is slowly learning aka calibrating his brain to make it better. My educated guess is he is on a great way to get on top again. :thumbsup:

Edited by Narciss
  • Like 3