Boot recommendations

So currently I am using fox bomber boots but after 4 months the Velcro is coming off on the boot side in the right boot. I ride about 5 miles a day to work and back but go to the desert often which is why I'm thinking of going to a full motocross style boot. The bombers are comfortable but I never really liked the Velcro and now that it's failing I'm going to see if I can get store credit vs a new pair. What do you guys suggest in the sub $300 range?

I picked up a pair Gaerne GX-1 about 4 years ago. While they are not made for walking, I wouldn't ride trails with anything less. It's a solid boot for under $200.  I am considering a DS boot that would enable some walking, but have not seriously looked yet. People seem to like the Gaerne Balance, I just don't feel that they offer much protection off road. I know some trials riders who like them, and for that or light trail work they're probably good.

I use Forma Terrain TX Enduro (lugged soles). They're about the cheapest hinged boots you can find and work well for my Dual-sporting. Though I do about 90% off-road. They are squeaky and a little stiff for longer walks, but a good compromise IMO.

Edit* And they happen to be on closeout on Revzilla for $238

Edited by usagi
  • Like 1

I know you asked for the sub 300 range but consider the sidi crossfire 3 srs. almost all parts on the boot can be replaced and they last a very long time. Cheap is expensive.

On 10/5/2017 at 0:40 PM, wachterxc said:

I know you asked for the sub 300 range but consider the sidi crossfire 3 srs. almost all parts on the boot can be replaced and they last a very long time. Cheap is expensive.

Well if I had $600 for boots the choice would be pretty easy lol. Tech 10, fox instinct, sg12... ended up going with the sg1. A little snug around my calf but comfortable. And for $199 shipped. Really nice boots I have to say, I had some alpinestars 10 years ago and these are much better quality and half the price.