Yz450fx

Hi all. Anyone out there make a move from a WR450 to the 450FX? Just curious to hear if anyone has feedback. Thanks all.

What do you think of it in comparison? What type of off road riding do you do with it? One last question. What made you move to the FX

Well I race district 37 desert my wr was great. Heavy but still a beast. I rode the fx and just loved it. Feels like an R bike but Trans felt like the wr. First FI bike I've had. I'm not a pro or anything and I've never ridden much other bikes. But I'm a yamaha fan and I wanted a race bike for dez. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using ThumperTalk mobile app

For what it's worth, I have a '17 450fx with fmf slip-on and twin air filter, and i have a friend with a '16 wr450f with my stock fx exhaust on it. 

And they feel pretty close, both pull strong and hard. My fx pulls a bit better and feels tighter & lighter, mostly because the tuned EFI/IGN settings I've done i think. 

Both ours are on street tires and street titled too. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Edited by Mr BRAAAP

I had a 2008 race (YZ motor) WR, and now have a '16 WR and a '16 FX

The WR is fully uncored with gytr ecu and Procircuit T6 slip on.

The FX is more agressive in the power, no matter how you map them both, and I don't know why.

The WR actually seems to rev a bit quicker too, again, I don't know why.

My WR is set up full DS, while the FX is plated but no DS kit or stuff.

The pre 2016 WR's are dinosaurs compared to the new bikes. No comparison in any way....

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, THE KRAN said:

I had a 2008 race (YZ motor) WR, and now have a '16 WR and a '16 FX

The WR is fully uncored with gytr ecu and Procircuit T6 slip on.

The FX is more agressive in the power, no matter how you map them both, and I don't know why.

The WR actually seems to rev a bit quicker too, again, I don't know why.

My WR is set up full DS, while the FX is plated but no DS kit or stuff.

The pre 2016 WR's are dinosaurs compared to the new bikes. No comparison in any way....

Krannie, how does the suspension compare between your two 2016's?

What do you mean by more aggressive in the power. A twitchy throttle, or just more power.

I have a 15 WR and love it. Bit heavy but rides great. Looking at the 18 YZ450FX. So really appreciate hearing what you all think. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Spiritwalker2222 said:

Krannie, how does the suspension compare between your two 2016's?

What do you mean by more aggressive in the power. A twitchy throttle, or just more power.

The WR has the older version YZ suspension, some say circa 2007. I like it, as it's a bit more compliant than the FX.

I do not have them valved or resprung the same, at the moment, but they will be, soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 450crazy said:

How are the Yz450fx on fuel? Need the bigger tank?

I ride mine mostly on road as a supermoto but with a little richer tune I get about 75 miles before I fill up. 

I have a 12 WR, and a 16 FX.  If I had to do it over, I would have bought the 16 WR.  The 12 motor and suspension is real good, but the bike is pretty heavy.  Since they went to the newer frame, I'm guessing there is not much difference between the current FXs and the WRs in handling.  The suspension on my FX still needs to be re-valved.  I just did springs, and the suspension is no where near as good as how my WR performs (with stock valving and new springs).  I haven't gotten around to try any maps, but stock, the FX motor seems a little much for trails.