New helmet and boots, yay! New riding gear for me.

I was part of the VW scandal where they bought back the Touareg I had, and then VW also gave me more money as part of a "participation payment" as ai bought a Cayenne Diesel.  I got a LOT mroe than I had expected so I finally splurged on somethings I had my eyes on for a while.  

I got a new Shoei VFX-W from motorcycleclosouts for $288-a smoking deal for the helmet it is along with how I have loved Shoei helmets from day 1 as I've had lots of their street lids but never an MX lid.  I found that the (Oakley and Smith) goggles I have fit so much better as the helmet is molded correctly as compared to the POS helmet I was using, that I had actually found that someone was throwing out and happened to work for the past few months (I can be a cheap bastid at times).  I'm looking forward to riding with the new helmet soon enough.  

I had my eyes on a set of Revit Discovery boots as their MSRP is up over $450-too much for my taste and I'm not a fan of most MX or even the adventure boots but like the looks of the Discoveries as they should be just what I need.  I had an old pair of Alpinestars Tech 7's that worked well for many years but from 2009-2017 where I was not riding, all that time had caused all the plastics to become brittle and they all cracked and broke the first time I had used them again.  I had been using a set of O'Neil's, Tech Lite's from what must be the 80's and while they do the job, when I walk in them I will get blisters and I could only imagine that if I ever need to walk myself out of someplace, never mind the short walks I did have to take on the trails, my ankles were blistered and it was no way to go through life.  Revzilla had a 15% off sale on the Revit stuff so I got a new pair coming for under $400 and as they have a sweet return policy where I can pay $7.95 to have it shipped back, no questions asked, if I don't like the fit or anything else about them, for $8 I can send them back=nice.  

I may get new lenses for my goggles but otherwise, I only need a new pair of over the boot pants and I'll be set for riding gear. 

I also got a pair of new riding gloves from Harbor Freight, the red ones, for $12 they will work very well.  I had notice that the gloves I had been using for a while had stretched out and it was allowing my hands to move around a bit on the bars/grips and would start leading to blisters.  $12=problem solved.  HF to the rescue.  

14 hours ago, Ben500RR-S said:

I was part of the VW scandal where they bought back the Touareg I had, and then VW also gave me more money as part of a "participation payment" as ai bought a Cayenne Diesel.  I got a LOT mroe than I had expected so I finally splurged on somethings I had my eyes on for a while.  

I got a new Shoei VFX-W from motorcycleclosouts for $288-a smoking deal for the helmet it is along with how I have loved Shoei helmets from day 1 as I've had lots of their street lids but never an MX lid.  I found that the (Oakley and Smith) goggles I have fit so much better as the helmet is molded correctly as compared to the POS helmet I was using, that I had actually found that someone was throwing out and happened to work for the past few months (I can be a cheap bastid at times).  I'm looking forward to riding with the new helmet soon enough.  

I had my eyes on a set of Revit Discovery boots as their MSRP is up over $450-too much for my taste and I'm not a fan of most MX or even the adventure boots but like the looks of the Discoveries as they should be just what I need.  I had an old pair of Alpinestars Tech 7's that worked well for many years but from 2009-2017 where I was not riding, all that time had caused all the plastics to become brittle and they all cracked and broke the first time I had used them again.  I had been using a set of O'Neil's, Tech Lite's from what must be the 80's and while they do the job, when I walk in them I will get blisters and I could only imagine that if I ever need to walk myself out of someplace, never mind the short walks I did have to take on the trails, my ankles were blistered and it was no way to go through life.  Revzilla had a 15% off sale on the Revit stuff so I got a new pair coming for under $400 and as they have a sweet return policy where I can pay $7.95 to have it shipped back, no questions asked, if I don't like the fit or anything else about them, for $8 I can send them back=nice.  

I may get new lenses for my goggles but otherwise, I only need a new pair of over the boot pants and I'll be set for riding gear. 

I also got a pair of new riding gloves from Harbor Freight, the red ones, for $12 they will work very well.  I had notice that the gloves I had been using for a while had stretched out and it was allowing my hands to move around a bit on the bars/grips and would start leading to blisters.  $12=problem solved.  HF to the rescue.  

All thanks to slight of hand German engineering.

Glad it worked out for you.

It is like I won the motor vehicle lottery with the Touareg I had bought in 2013.  Got to use the truck for almost 4 years and 40,000 miles, and really got to use it "well" for the last month or so and put the Sport mode to good use, then got all my money back and then some.  

To think that I was a part of the biggest scandal ever foisted on the US public, but to have been more than adequately compensated for it is really something.  

Now, if they have a Generation 2 buyback, then I'll be really happy.  

Boots are coming on Satruday.  Can't hardly wait to use both the helmet and boots and even the $12 gloves. 

• Like 1

Just got the boots.  9.5/43 fit me perfect.  They feel great right out of the box.  I know they are going to be perfect as they are so comfortable and the BOA dial works so well.  

Super easy on and off.  These are also going to end up being my snowmobile boots as they are waterproof and are thick and warm.  

They are only going to get better as they get more and more broken in and worn.  The protection is exactly what I need as is the look since I wear over the boot pants and am just trail riding/dual sporting.  

P1120934.JPG

P1120933.JPG