Trail Tech Endurance II - strange issue

So I installed the Endurance II in place of the OEM speedo/dash config and it works great for what I need it to do. My reason for the thread is that while riding it will randomly change the settings on the screen. Example is that I usually keep it so I can read the MPH and the trip distance on the current tank.  As I'm riding it will randomly change to the next setting which is the average MPH and another distance. It seems to happen as often as every five minutes to like every 30. I can't seem to find any pattern to it happening as it happens both in bumpy terrain and smooth road.  I'm hoping someone has a suggestion on how to get it to stop changing on me.  Thanks as always! 

Hello Samacart,

This speedo is on my DRZ also. After a while it started to show some behaviour like you mention: odo values wrong, time jumped to another value, etc. I thought it resetted itself, and searched a while after a loose contact in the power wire. Eventually it did not work anymore at all. Thought about buying a new one, but first contacted Trail Tech. "You have to replace the battery every year!" What? There is no battery because I power the device from the starter battery. "No, that is only for the backlight, the device works on the internal battery."

And yes, new battery solved it.

+1 for the quick response of Trail Tech
-10 for their manual, because that story is not in it!

I should like to hear if this works in your case also.

• Like 1

I have the Vapor and I swap out the internal battery every year as well. Same day I do all the smoke detectors in the house. I have it powered and on when I do the battery swap so I do not get any shenanigans. I do it every year because batteries are cheap and a leaking battery, not so much.

• Like 1

I have 4 Vapors currently , can't remember when or if any had their battery changed yet , I know it's a cr2032 , reminds me I probably should at least on the ones from '06 and '08:rolleyes: My digital calipers kept eating up any extra batteries I've had on hand .

Edited by jjktmrider

To avoid confusion: we are talking about the Endurance, not the Vapor.

The Vapor has a "low bat" indicator and mentions the internal battery in the manual. The Endurance does not.
The battery for the Endurance is indeed also type CR2032.

Looking for a speedo that will allow me to do time keeping and GPS a track. It's going on a 2018 Husqvarna TX 300 that only comes with a hour meter. Any suggestions. 

On 8/31/2017 at 7:20 PM, 1 lunger said:

Looking for a speedo that will allow me to do time keeping and GPS a track. It's going on a 2018 Husqvarna TX 300 that only comes with a hour meter. Any suggestions. 

I love my trailtech voyager. Keep it always recording my track and it's helped me get back to the car at new riding spots several times already.

Has all your normal stuff - tach, wheel speed, GPS speed, timer, distance, engine temp, elevation, etc. Just as said above, their support is top notch and it's easy to install. 

Also If you don't have a battery or bike cant support it ive seen guys run a cheap 3s 2200mah RC battery and just plug it up when you ride and charge when you get home

Edited by RC_ichard

Update and a little praise to Trail Tech. I replaced the battery as suggested but was still experiencing the issue of it changing just less frequent. I wrote Trail Tech an email asking for suggestions and they decided to send me a replacement even though I'm a few months past the warranty cut off. Talk about customer service! They have my business going forward for sure.  Too many times people post the negative about something and I wanted to share a positive. 

• Like 2

Update and a little praise to Trail Tech. I replaced the battery as suggested but was still experiencing the issue of it changing just less frequent. I wrote Trail Tech an email asking for suggestions and they decided to send me a replacement even though I'm a few months past the warranty cut off. Talk about customer service! They have my business going forward for sure.  Too many times people post the negative about something and I wanted to share a positive. 

Trail tech has excellent customer service. Sent me a new unit after discovering my vapor was defective. Had it to my door the next day.
  • Like 2