is it normal

2 hours ago, trjc27 said:

for two strokes to make a pinging sound which sounds like it's coming from the pipe? i would attach a video if i knew how but i was just wondering if anyone else's bike does this and if it's safe.

Post the video on YouTube and then post a link here.

Ring ring ding ding is normal

I think it sounds normal too.  Might check to ensure that where pipe comes out of cylinder head that it is fully seated and that muffler to exhaust pipe grommet is in place.

Mine sounded a bit like yours when I bent my pipe on a fall and it wasnt fully square to the cylinder head.  Second time when i bent my pipe on a rock and had a pinhole sized hole....but I might sound slightly different simply because its a video rather than in person.

I dont hear any pinging (detonation).

I think it sounds normal too.  Might check to ensure that where pipe comes out of cylinder head that it is fully seated and that muffler to exhaust pipe grommet is in place.
Mine sounded a bit like yours when I bent my pipe on a fall and it wasnt fully square to the cylinder head.  Second time when i bent my pipe on a rock and had a pinhole sized hole....but I might sound slightly different simply because its a video rather than in person.
I dont hear any pinging (detonation).

i loosened the mounting bolts after reading that and the pipe shifted a little bit so maybe that will fix it because i don't think it always made that noise