Scott's simple SUB mount?

Hi,

I'm looking for a SUB mount for my 2017 Beta 300 RR, but unfortunately Scott's are only making the bulky rubber mount. 

Has anyone seen a solution for this? A simple metal mount? Something like this (This is for Husaberg)

http://www.scottsonline.com/Stabilizer_Purchase2.php?Make=Husaberg&Model=FE&Bike_ID=6341&Year=2013&Size=250&Fred=&BI_ID=239092

Thanks you all

1961lg.jpg

Thanks Mike,

I did and they say they're not making one due to low demand :(

Have them compare the Beta one to their KTM/Husq one and see how close they are, I say that because the top clamp fits the Beta as I have one on mine. I may be full of it, but just a thought.

Most find that a damper isn't really needed. I have a Scott's damper to put on but after riding my bike without  I feel I don't really need it. .. but hey more mods the better. Might work better for you.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

On 8/29/2017 at 0:53 PM, elasio said:

Hi,

I'm looking for a SUB mount for my 2017 Beta 300 RR, but unfortunately Scott's are only making the bulky rubber mount. 

Has anyone seen a solution for this? A simple metal mount? Something like this (This is for Husaberg)

http://www.scottsonline.com/Stabilizer_Purchase2.php?Make=Husaberg&Model=FE&Bike_ID=6341&Year=2013&Size=250&Fred=&BI_ID=239092

Thanks you all

1961lg.jpg

I ran into the same road block and didn't want that bulky rubber mounted one either. So... I CNC machined my own. I bought Scott's under bar post ring kit and the correct arm.

I think this is what you are looking for and why they don't offer it is completely beyond me as they make similar items for other bikes. 

I would consider running a small batch of these if a few of you are interested. I can adjust the total height a little but there's a minimum to clear the bars. Mine raises the bars 1.25". It can be little lower, maybe 1.125", I'm not sure what the absolute minimum is.  I machined a small Delrin spacer for under the pin to make things fit nicer.

The bar clamps can be moved from the middle position to the forward. To use the rear position I think the adjustment knob needs to be the small style. I know the bars will interfere with the knob(s?) in the rear position. I have the bars in the middle position now.

If you want them hard anodized the plating company charges me a $100 min batch charge. I might be able to group them together with other stuff from work (what I did for mine) to avoid the extra batch charge but I'd have to wait on when that can happen. Otherwise I can just ship them in bare aluminum and you can do whatever finish you prefer.

Let me know your thoughts on this. I haven't price out what they might run as I simply made this for myself.

• Like 3

Hi,

i am interested in this,it looks like it's just what I'm (and others) are missing. Would you be able to price this for me? 

Thanks

9 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

The problem with the Scott's submount is you cannot raise the forks in the TC. The Fastway and GPR units don't block the forks. 

I have the Scotts on my 300RR and like it but the forks have to stay pretty much flush with the TC. Shorter people may not like that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ud_Luz said:

The problem with the Scott's submount is you cannot raise the forks in the TC. The Fastway and GPR units don't block the forks. 

I have the Scotts on my 300RR and like it but the forks have to stay pretty much flush with the TC. Shorter people may not like that.

Do you feel like it's worth putting the damper on? I have an extra scotts damper sitting around but never bothered to figure it was worth the effort. Stock my bike feels pretty good. I had scotts on my 525 and my Honda cr.. I took it off my 525 when I got a better triple clamp and never bothered to put it back on that bike too.

28 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Do you feel like it's worth putting the damper on? I have an extra scotts damper sitting around but never bothered to figure it was worth the effort. Stock my bike feels pretty good. I had scotts on my 525 and my Honda cr.. I took it off my 525 when I got a better triple clamp and never bothered to put it back on that bike too.

Depends on where you ride. I'll routinely ride from trials bike trails to 70+ on fire roads or rocketing across the desert. Hit rocks and stuff at those speeds and you'll never ever ride without one again. Eliminates high speed head shake too. 

I never really thought it helped in tight woods. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ud_Luz said:

Depends on where you ride. I'll routinely ride from trials bike trails to 70+ on fire roads or rocketing across the desert. Hit rocks and stuff at those speeds and you'll never ever ride without one again. Eliminates high speed head shake too. 

I never really thought it helped in tight woods. 

An older vet rider said it helped him in the trees for his 01 cr 250. I tried it and yea it helped. It helped in some cross ruts too. That's with my cr.

I have the fastway, one thing with the BETA is be ready to do a lot of grinding on the collar and frame to fit. All the big bulky welds were a nightmare for me. Took a couple of days and finally had to grind the bearing cover down about halfway to get everything to fit. I works great now, but was way more work than it should have been. It might have been the small changes to the frame they made in 14 or 15 as mine is a 13.  I never needed one until this year with our split format racing where 150 youth run 50% of the track for an hour and a half, then a couple hundred trail, D, and C riders tear it up for another 2hours, then it is Pro A B. So we get a pretty ate up track. Goes from flowing and fast to gnarley rutted, rooted, rocky, and so without the stabilizer I was affraid to push it, especially in the open fast sections. Now I gain a lot of time in the fast sections over the Yamaha's and KTMS because they just can't safely run the pace.

On 9/5/2017 at 9:03 PM, danketchpel said:

Let me take a look at pricing.

Would you guys want them anodized or just bare aluminum?

Anodized fir me please.

Bob K