Long distance enduro

I've been following the isde updates and such online over the past few days. I've been riding on and off most my life. But am new to the offroad competition lifestyle

How in the heck do guys ride an enduro that stretches out to 250km or more in a day. Let alone day after day. I mean I understand they train for it and all that. But physically how does the body not shut down.

The reason I ask is I rode an enduro on Sunday that was 140km. Some will say that's a lot. Some will say just a warm up. But i felt like I got him by a falling plane when I was done.

I'll admit I'm not in the best shape. But I'm definitly above the average

And my fluid intake and diet that week probably didn't help me any. But it just boggles my mind to run 300km at race pace in a day

• Like 2

You prolly have to skip the Taco Bell drive thru bro

No Taco Bell around were I live so there's no fear of that lol.
  • Like 1

You have to be in shape. Last time I ran an enduro , I had been working out, doing 30 miles of mountain bike riding a day. At the end of a two day enduro, I was tired but fine.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bbde17 said:

I've been following the isde updates and such online over the past few days. I've been riding on and off most my life. But am new to the offroad competition lifestyle

How in the heck do guys ride an enduro that stretches out to 250km or more in a day. Let alone day after day. I mean I understand they train for it and all that. But physically how does the body not shut down.

The reason I ask is I rode an enduro on Sunday that was 140km. Some will say that's a lot. Some will say just a warm up. But i felt like I got him by a falling plane when I was done.

I'll admit I'm not in the best shape. But I'm definitly above the average

And my fluid intake and diet that week probably didn't help me any. But it just boggles my mind to run 300km at race pace in a day

Watch the dirt bikes and riders in a full Dakar Rally cus ISDE easy.

Otherwise maybe a Tim Hortons for the caffeine and donuts? :)

18 hours ago, William1 said:

You have to be in shape. Last time I ran an enduro , I had been working out, doing 30 miles of mountain bike riding a day. At the end of a two day enduro, I was tired but fine.

^^^^^ This. No way around it....And on top of the bicycling ride your dirtbike at least 1-2 days a week for 4 to 6 weeks prior to an enduro such as you described.

Edited by dyrtmon
  • Like 1

And get use to riding alone...  Anytime I have been training for a race, none of my buddies wanted to ride that hard, or nowhere near that long.  I had to pick, fun ride with the friends with 1/2hr breaks every hr, or intense ride alone for 3 hours.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, wielywilly-g said:

And get use to riding alone...  Anytime I have been training for a race, none of my buddies wanted to ride that hard, or nowhere near that long.  I had to pick, fun ride with the friends with 1/2hr breaks every hr, or intense ride alone for 3 hours.

Word. There's no way to get in shape waiting for guys at every fork in the trail. 

An old timer told me to train hard then cruise races. I found out it's true I go faster long over long distances when I'm not such a try hard....

• Like 3

That's actually a great point. And very true. Riding with any guys I know who do ride they all wanna stop every kilometre or so and you may only put on 50 kilometres in 4-5 hours. Never really get any practice In at all. Or that they are a bit slower than I am so your constantly waiting for them so they don't get lost. ( not that I'm fast by any stretch)
  • Like 2