Acerbis Front Fender

I was looking for fender options but searching Thumper Talk a lot of the old picture links were broken.  I wanted something with decent coverage because I'm primarily on dirt, gravel, muddy roads.  I went with a Acerbis for a RMZ250.  For $2x.00 I think it's an improvement.   I also did the Edge tail light at the same time.  I figured since a lot of the old fender pictures appear to be gone, I thought I'd post up a picture in case anyone else is trying to compare different fenders.   I shot a couple before and after shots.

Before

old1.jpg

Before

old2.jpg

After

new1.jpg

After

new2.jpg

Doc

Edited by Doc_d
  • Like 3

I'll be honest I don't think it's an awesome look but it's much better than stock and for $20ish bucks and a few minutes to out it on, why not?  I might eventually give the stock SM fender a try if I can find someone selling one at s reasonable price.

As a side note, I had seen a video of someone putting this fender on and they claimed you needed to add washers to the rear screws to get clearance at the back of the fender.  Mine bolted right up and I have about 1/2" of clearance between the back of the fender and the frame and radiators so I didn't bother.

If anyone else has any suggestions for a front fender feel free to post up some pictures.  Like a I said when I searched many of the links were broken making it hard to compare what's out there.

Also I've been toying with changing out the headlight and headlight mask.  So if anyone has any recommendations and or pics, let me know.

Doc

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

I like the Polisport LMX light and SM fender. Screenshot_20170830-081749.png

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

That's a good looking fender.  That's the Polisport LMX?  I wonder how it would look and how the coverage would be with the 21" wheel.  Is that a direct bolt on?

Doc

That's a good looking fender.  That's the Polisport LMX?  I wonder how it would look and how the coverage would be with the 21" wheel.  Is that a direct bolt on?

Doc

I'm sorry, the headlight is called the Halo. I had to go back and look at my order. I'm not sure how it would work with a longer front fender.

They are universal but the plug matches the OEM so it is plug and play in this case.

I have also a Trail Tech headlight. Neither of these lights are as bright as stock. They will get you home but that's about it.

7 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

I'm sorry, the headlight is called the Halo. I had to go back and look at my order. I'm not sure how it would work with a longer front fender.

They are universal but the plug matches the OEM so it is plug and play in this case.

I have also a Trail Tech headlight. Neither of these lights are as bright as stock. They will get you home but that's about it.

Sorry I misread your original post.  I thought you said that was a Polisport fender.  Yeah that light looks way better than stock but I don't think I can give up any brightness.  Is it possible to switch bulbs or do anything else to at least get it back up to stock levels of brightness?

The fender on your bike, is the the Suzuki SM fender?  Do you think it would look OK and give reasonable coverage with the 21" wheel on the S?

Thanks!

Doc

17 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

The front fender is a Polisport too. It's called the SM. It similar in length to a stock Suzuki SM fender.

I don't know if the light will handle more than a 35w light.

Looks like there is a newer LED version of the Polisport Halo headlight.  I wonder if it's still plug and play and if it's any brighter.  Unfortunately it doesn't come in all black though.  

Doc

imo after really injuring myself t-boning a deer on another bike, a single motorcycle headlight simply isnt enough to give you an edge if you ride at night .. i would go for a good pair of pods, and i dont mena rinky dink ones .. good ones .. you could rig them so theyre easily removeable for daytime if you dont like too much clutter ... then you could just focus on the 'cool look' .. the stock sm fender gives ok coverage but not as good as the S fender .. i wouldnt let the stock fender go too far as its probably about the best thing for muddy conditions offroad .. some others might be ok at a faster clip but i think you'll find a non-stock fender will tend to flip stuff out the front and cover you up at certain slower speeds .. the rm fender is probably ok though would be my guess .. aftermarket ehhhh prolly not so good ...

• Like 2

I have an RMZ fender like the one Doc posted if anybody's interested.  The SM fender was on the bike when it was stolen....  This one was sitting on the shelf.  Time to let her go.

• Like 1

I was looking for fender options but searching Thumper Talk a lot of the old picture links were broken.  I wanted something with decent coverage because I'm primarily on dirt, gravel, muddy roads.  I went with a Acerbis for a RMZ250.  For $2x.00 I think it's an improvement.   I also did the Edge tail light at the same time.  I figured since a lot of the old fender pictures appear to be gone, I thought I'd post up a picture in case anyone else is trying to compare different fenders.   I shot a couple before and after shots.

Before
old1.jpg.9606f1ba438c06e730520be7ab65ef88.jpg
Before

old2.jpg.43df8f279eeab30837b7c931c632802b.jpg
After
new1.jpg.63ff823b48df32261618e15af5fc1561.jpg
After
new2.jpg.ffd64c88b7fadecc7dc2bf82df2e6b0a.jpg

Doc

Thanks for the comparison photos. Hermit DaVlog (youtube) has a great video on how to make the DRZ not look like "Butt". The RMZ was his fender of choice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using ThumperTalk mobile app