"SmartCarb"

I had the billet, was ok. The cast is appealing, but after the second time with a shipping runaround, I went Lectron. More feedback with Lectron from Average Joes.

• Like 1

Good point. The appeal to me are the claims of more miles per tank on either.  I've found a lot of Lectron stuff on searches but not a lot of smart carb posts.

The Mik or a Keihin when set up can be be pretty darn good with mileage, but may need more attention to accomplish desired goals. Lectron is not fool proof, but overall good.

I'll certainly play with the carb before I pull the trigger on something like a Lectron. 

JD Jetting kit seems to have positive reviews, cheap too. I like the Suzuki 16 or 17-62 needles. I suggest getting a 5 slide or cut to 5 and the loop mod with the overflow tube. Should be satisfied with the Mik.

Edited by DEMI
  • Like 1

The SmartCarb company have been in hiatus for several months fighting some legal battles, from what I read on one of their posts on social media, and have only just been all clear to start production and selling again from what I understand, may explain their lack of content on the interwebs.

My 38mm Cast was worth the wait(me being impatient the 1st two times I ordered), I had a billet 38 too, nice carb overall. Technology Elevated is pretty helpful and seems to care. 

I went with a Lectron. Haven't had much time ride the bike. Had a torn rotator cuff in June and my gallbladder out last week. Hope that's it for awhile.  :)

• Like 1

Have a JD Jet kit on my '12 300xcw, works pretty darn good.  The TE carb sounds good, hope they are able to push the technology of 2t carbs farther, they also need independent exposure, how about sponsoring someone at a high level (upper mid pack GNCC Pro) to really show what their product can do?

Had a billet and it had some teething issues. Corey was extremely helpful with getting the carb set up and it was awesome when set up correctly. The fuel economy was better and it flat ripped. The carb went with the bike to a friend of mine, kinda wish I kept it, but the pwk that is on my current 300 is good, so it stays.