Motosport vs revzilla

What's everyone's opinion on what sites better revzilla or motosport? They both have the product I need and since I'm over seas I was just wondering what your opinions are on which is better and more trusty site

My preference is Rocky Mountain ATV, but I recently tried RevZilla because they seemed to have all the gear I was looking for in-stock while everything on Rocky Mountain ATV was listed as special order for some reason.  One order isn't enough to judge but the shipping was free and fast so so far I can't complain.  

I'd never have even tried RevZilla if Rocky Mountain hadn't discontinued their 10% off your next order coupons.  That was a huge mistake on their part I think,  they had developed a super loyal customer base and with one silly decision people like me now give them 50% or less of the business I used to because now I comparison shop Amazon, RevZilla, etc.

I've never used Motosport so I can't comment on them.

Edited by Doc_d
  • Like 1

I use all the site mentioned in this post, all are excellent.
Motosport is my go-to site for OEM parts, as the prices are good and shipping is fast. I also use the Thumper Talk store as well.

I think pretty much all the larger sites are fines. For me, it comes down to who has the part I want and when I can get it that determines which I order from. It's only when you start using the smaller places, like PDI Racing for example, when you start to running into trouble.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

Just ordered some boots from revzilla. Got a size too small and return was super,super simple. Made a phone call just to make sure it was all good. Super quick answer, really helpful lady on the other end, and threw in free rerun shipping. Got off the phone really happy with the customer service. I would use them over any of the other stores as a result. Have not used Motorsport in a long time, I don't think I have had to do anything other than order. Rocky Mountain is good, nice customer support usually. Their gift card policy is borderline illegal which annoys me, but overall I still use them.

Motosport has to be my preference due to the amazing customer support and super fast shipping times. Place an order on Monday and it'll get to me Tuesday or latest on Wednesday without any extra fees but then again I live in Utah and I think they're based out of Vegas, correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Amd241997 said:

Motosport has to be my preference due to the amazing customer support and super fast shipping times. Place an order on Monday and it'll get to me Tuesday or latest on Wednesday without any extra fees but then again I live in Utah and I think they're based out of Vegas, correct me if I'm wrong.

Rocky mountain is also based in Utah, so next day shipping there I suppose.

Joe

On 8/30/2017 at 7:36 AM, Doc_d said:

My preference is Rocky Mountain ATV,...

I'd never have even tried RevZilla if Rocky Mountain hadn't discontinued their 10% off your next order coupons.  That was a huge mistake on their part I think,  they had developed a super loyal customer base and with one silly decision people like me now give them 50% or less of the business I used to because now I comparison shop Amazon, RevZilla, etc.

I've never used Motosport so I can't comment on them.

At the same time they got rid of their rewards system where you got more and more reward cash per dollar spent based on the amount of business you did with them.  I hated to see that go.

• Like 1

I get anything I can on RevZilla. Their free shipping starts at $40, which is lower than any other site I've found. Great customer support, fast (and usually free) shipping, and competitive prices. They don't seem to have as many parts as MotoSport and RMATVMC, so there are some things I can't get there. They do typically have more protective gear and the prices are sometimes a bit better.

For some reason, Rocky Mountain gave me a hard time after I opened my account so I have avoided them for a month or so. I had placed a few orders before creating an account, then made an account and placed another order, and they called me and made me verify everything I bought and told me that, for some reason or another, they would have to do this with all orders on my account for the next 30 days or so. I was like, "ok... but why? I just verified that I am me." Maybe it's a fluke, but it was annoying and I'm not avoiding them forever, just for long enough for the 30 days to be over so I don't get hassled with each order.

MotoSport is great too, but I had an issue with them as well, though it was probably not their fault. I ordered a rarely-bought part from them (back pressure check valve for a KTM Adventure, was going to use it on my crankcase breather on my 450 EXC). I googled for hours and arrived at what I thought was the correct part number before placing my order (no pictures of the part, just a KTM logo). It was supposed to be the valve, and would sometimes come with the accompanying clamps and sometimes not according to other posters who ordered it, which I was fine with as long as I got the valve. HOWEVER when it arrived, it was JUST a single hose clamp. For $30?! I called them and got the return setup easily, but they were not able to help me find the part I was looking for so I just gave up on it and ate the shipping cost. It seemed like the guy I spoke with was not trying very hard to work with me and find the part. Side note: if anyone knows where I can get this part, I would be much obliged lol.

EDIT: For what it's worth, this has all been within the last month and a half or so, as I'm just now getting back into riding.

Edited by hershmagersh
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, hershmagersh said:

I get anything I can on RevZilla.

Revzilla - "Anthony the Musc"