IMS 2.9g yzf tank on a wr or fx

I remember seeing an article in one of the mags recently on how to make the 17 yzf IMS 2.9g tank work on a wr or fx. I can't find this info anywhere. It was step by step instructions on how this mod is done. Can someone please help me out and point me in the right direction.

I posted august 12, 2017 on IMS tanks for 2016-18 WRs. I remember the article you mentioned. What I can tell you I remember of the article of the Acerbis 2.9 is on the WR you must move some of the electronics on the rear fender and maybe the battery box and install a smaller battery. Maybe do a search on WR tanks or reach out to the snake or Kran.

10 minutes ago, reed92021 said:

I posted august 12, 2017 on IMS tanks for 2016-18 WRs. I remember the article you mentioned. What I can tell you I remember of the article of the Acerbis 2.9 is on the WR you must move some of the electronics on the rear fender and maybe the battery box and install a smaller battery. Maybe do a search on WR tanks or reach out to the snake or Kran.

I'm not sure what the OP is looking for he posted the same question in the YZ section and I posted what we did. I'm not sure what more he could use on putting a 2.9 gallon tank on? It's not that hard.

There was no magazine article when I looked to put that tank on.  

Not sure what I'm looking for?  I have posted in the yz and wr forums what I'm looking for. It's not that hard! The mag article that has step by step descriptions on how this mod is done.  Reed92021 remembers the article, thank you reed.  I guess I'll just pop on over to cali and come see you stevethe and you can do it for me smart a$$!  It's know it all like you why I am scared to death to post anymore.  Always getting ridiculed and belittled. I'm just trying to find the article.

4 hours ago, rwebb35 said:

Not sure what I'm looking for?  I have posted in the yz and wr forums what I'm looking for. It's not that hard! The mag article that has step by step descriptions on how this mod is done.  Reed92021 remembers the article, thank you reed.  I guess I'll just pop on over to cali and come see you stevethe and you can do it for me smart a$$!  It's know it all like you why I am scared to death to post anymore.  Always getting ridiculed and belittled. I'm just trying to find the article.

Sorry guy but I looked and looked for the same answers you are looking for and didn't find them. If you do undertake the project post up your questions. Several people on Thumpertalk have successfully done the exact thing you are trying to do. I thought I posted enough of a step by step?