Kennedy Meadows - Will it fit?

Is there anywhere near Troy Meadows I can put this thing? 34' long and kinda low.

20170611_110623.jpg

Agreed.  Too big to make it up there, let alone find a place to park it.

Oh dang. That does look nasty. I was only looking at sherman pass on top.

Your rig may be abit too big for up there.  see the vids for yourself

9 mile

Troy campground

fish creek

• Like 1

Thanks all!

The Canyon decent video is very helpful. While I *think* I could get up and down safely (trailer is surprisingly light for its size) I will heed yalls advice and experience it for myself before I try. By then I hope to have something closer to half its size anyways!

I saw the drive through vids before, didn't realize it was you. 

Edited by basalt

Ya if I was you I'd go once before taking the trailer.  I wouldn't have a problem taking it up there.  9 Mile Canyon is a highway that guys freak out like it's a 48 inch wide cliff.  There is one spot too narrow for two vehicles to pass... it's plenty wide enough for you to clear without apposing traffic.  A 3/4 to 1 ton truck with good trailer brakes and I'd drag that thing up there all day long.  Can't get into Fish Creek unless you are a pro driver...  Troy Meadows you can but it might be past their legal limit for the spaces.  Not sure.

But again...  just visit once and you'll know if it's for you.

Beautiful trailer BTW...  :worthy:

Edited by Jeff aka Bolt
  • Like 1

Been going up there for 40+ years and everyone is covering it pretty well. You would be able to get the trailer up there but a few tight turns and areas for sure, coming down is the challenge to not smoke your brakes of finish off your tranny. Use to be a kid in my dads cab over camper looking out the front window watching the logging trucks sliding through the dirt turns long before they paved it, Those dudes were crazy... Your trailer is too long/low for any Fishcreek camp ground slots and you would have a heck of a time getting it back into the Fishcreek overflow. There are a few pull thru and back in slots that you could get the trailer into at Troy Meadows but then no room for your tow vehicle so you would need two camp sites/spots. Troy Meadows overflow closed down several years ago but occasionally opens up, not sure on their schedule. Monache Meadows does have spots that would fit you but then more of a pain to get to since your driving in deeper and Kennedy Meadows is to low to stay at unless you haul the bikes up daily unload and ride. So you do want to visit at least once before you make the long haul since there are limitations. There are also a couple pull out sites before Fishcreek and near the Jackass Meadow routes that you could stay but those too fill up quick. Hunting season also opens up soon for quail then a couple weeks later for deer/bear unless bow hunting so you get a different crowd soon. 

I'm heading up for a quick trip to visit my dad who stays there a lot. Look for a "N300" plated KTM and give a shout. This is a chill weekend for me, I'll be back up in couple weeks for rock training... 

Oh and watch out for the coaster carts, I think they may be running up there this weekend on 9 mile. Home made soapbox's, no motors, limited brakes and let them fly. I think their record speed was 86mph coasting down 9 mile but they have hit over 100 mph coasting other hills...

S.U.C.K.E.R.S. n Fast Donnie  check out the link, these guys have fun all over just coasting. 

Edited by Diamond-Dave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hallzilla said:

That's the rig Lucy and Ricky would be jealous over.  Bad AZZ 

Thats what my wife calls it too. We had to watch the movie with my daughter after getting it!

I've been on TT for 6 years now.

This is the 2nd useful thread I've read so far.

(No mocking, no heckling, no bewb pics. We're losing our edge...)

• Like 3

Before USFS arbitrarily closed Troy Overflow, it was perfect for me to get out of the heat and tow my 28' toyhauler and tow rig up there for a day or two.  My current tow vehicle and trailer is about 55' long and will not fit anywhere in the Kennedy Meadows trail system possibly with the exception of Coral Meadows which is quite a deal to get in there and there are only a few spots.  Thanks, USFS.

I am a huge fan of Chris Horgan/Stewards of the Sequoia....but....they either never tackled this shut down....or gave up....

With regard to 9 mile:  It is not Erzburg.  Just drive within the limits of your tow rig, especially going down.

• Like 1