Kennedy Meadows - Will it fit?

1 hour ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Now that's funny right there...  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

American assembled...  sometimes...  AMERICAN MADE...  not so much.

4 hours ago, basalt said:

Chevy, Ford, Dodge. Cummins, Durmax, Powerstroke. Its all good.

I just prefer to drive an American Made truck.

Repeat after me say Isuzu! But that Allison gal is quite the American made babe!! 

Hey OP i know where you can trade that old thing in

On 8/31/2017 at 9:38 AM, stevethe said:

That trailer loaded with all your junk in there is likley near the max of your pull. Remember how much extra stuff one takes along. Pulling it up 9 mile grade would be murdering the transmission IMO even though it is likely a very good transmission. 

9 mile is quite a pull for a trailer half that size. 

:goofy: You hauling gold bars or lead? Non toy haulers I bet people at work they arent gonna put even 1000 lbs in it.

New Tundra must be better than the old ones at towing the 2005 we had couldnt tow an empty cargo trailer without being sagged out and swaying all over the road.

Epic ride. Lots of Rain and Thunder Monday night made for great riding Tu and Wed.

Many 35'+ spaces, only a couple I could probably actually get the trailer into. Arriving on a Tuesday probably no problem. Looked like it was filling up fast Thursday though so after that I imagine its slim pickins.

Fish Creek and Fish Creek Overflow - not a chance. FC way to narrow pavement and tight turns into spots. FCO too rough. Looks like a nice place to camp though.

There was one other good option, but getting out if it rained could be... iffy.

33E26 down to Rincon was brutal so we turned around about half way. Seems like its been a  long time since anyone had been on it.

Edited by basalt

On 9/15/2017 at 11:32 AM, basalt said:

Epic ride. Lots of Rain and Thunder Monday night made for great riding Tu and Wed.

Many 35'+ spaces, only a couple I could probably actually get the trailer into. Arriving on a Tuesday probably no problem. Looked like it was filling up fast Thursday though so after that I imagine its slim pickins.

Fish Creek and Fish Creek Overflow - not a chance. FC way to narrow pavement and tight turns into spots. FCO too rough. Looks like a nice place to camp though.

There was one other good option, but getting out if it rained could be... iffy.

33E26 down to Rincon was brutal so we turned around about half way. Seems like its been a  long time since anyone had been on it.

Cedar canyon is 33E26 right??? that a freeway

12 hours ago, RV Salesman Matt said:

Cedar canyon is 33E26 right??? that a freeway

Not sure if you're being facetious or not, but it has not been cleared of trees or ridden in awhile. It was fun, but a lot of work.  

12 hours ago, RV Salesman Matt said:

24 foot toy hauler is really 30 feet long.......so what do they use?? the number or the reality?

Usually NF regs are bumper to hitch. The regs I think are out of date though. There were several spots with numbers painted on the rocks by the site # that seemed to correspond with the site length. Many were 35'-45'. But getting a bumper pull trailer that long into some of the sites would take some creative maneuvering, and perhaps backing most of the way down to the site.

8 hours ago, basalt said:

Usually NF regs are bumper to hitch. The regs I think are out of date though. There were several spots with numbers painted on the rocks by the site # that seemed to correspond with the site length. Many were 35'-45'. But getting a bumper pull trailer that long into some of the sites would take some creative maneuvering, and perhaps backing most of the way down to the site.

The length of the slot has nothing to do with what size you are allowed to park there.  They post 24 foot limit.  i was there this weekend and asked the gal that came around...  same answer, 24 foot.  Don't think they are gonna measure though. And I can't imagine them kicking you out as long as you keep the trailer and truck on the asphalt and out of the road. ?

• Like 1