How to remove excess weld material from radiator

Bought new radiators off of eBay for my '96 KX250 and noticed there is a glob of excess aluminum that they didn't clean up. I want to remove this to increase coolant flow. I'm afraid of drilling it out and getting shavings inside the radiator which will eventually end up in engine.

Any suggestions?IMG_20170829_220627.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using ThumperTalk mobile app

I'd just leave it. Too much of a pain to hold the radiator upside down, blowing air in it to cause all the filings to fall out the neck.

As long as they are strong and do not leak, accept what you got is part of what cost savings is.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DirtBikeHead said:

Thanks for the suggestions. The seller offered to get me another one which would require me to wait another week or keep it and get a partial refund. Do you guys think that blockage would affect performance at all?

Not where its at.  But it makes me wonder about the rest of the rad.  6 year old Chinese kids are notoriously bad welders.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DirtBikeHead said:

It's at the bottom of rad where hose attaches to the water pump. I hear ya, but surprisingly it seems pretty solid except for that. We'll see once I run the bike though.

A lot of guys here swear by those rads.  I'm just not a big fan, you can get top of the line for not a whole lot more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

A lot of guys here swear by those rads.  I'm just not a big fan, you can get top of the line for not a whole lot more.

What do you consider top of the line ?

23 minutes ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

What do you consider top of the line ?

Like I said earlier, Mishimoto!  We have several vehicles, dirt bikes and cars running their stuff.  Quality.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about it.  Keep in mind that temperature sensor probes stick out into the coolant flow a lot more than that weld blob does. 

Besides, it's inside where no one will see it.  Out of sight, out of mind. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Like I said earlier, Mishimoto!  We have several vehicles, dirt bikes and cars running their stuff.  Quality.

Their bracing is pretty impressive  :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Exactly 3x more. Very happy with my $82 Chinese set. Not hitting on anyone for wanting something more. Mine (GPI) are excellent build quality and work fantastic on the YZ250. Cool on the trail and a great fit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LSHD said:

Mine (GPI) are excellent build quality and work fantastic on the YZ250. Cool on the trail and a great fit.

Yep i know a few riders with GPI - very happy with them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Yep i know a few riders with GPI - very happy with them.

Ya I have GPI and did not notice the OP's issue and IMO the ones I got were well made and worth the $$$.

I would just leave it OR but if it REALLY bothered me, I'd take it to a buddies shop with a case of beer and work out the best way to mount it and use maybe a dremal  then flush REALLY well with a hose through the top