5 inch rim. Tires?

Hi.

I have obtained motard rims for my wr450f 2017.

The rear rim is 5 inches. Does it work with 160/60 17? The chain is on the tire?

What is the smallest 160 tires?

Just answer if you're completely sure.

You may need to offset the rim a bit away from the chain.    Metzler M7RR is about as narrow a 160/60/17 as you can get,  on the plus side it's a damn good tire for your supermoto.

On 8/30/2017 at 5:36 PM, Pinepig said:

You may need to offset the rim a bit away from the chain.    Metzler M7RR is about as narrow a 160/60/17 as you can get,  on the plus side it's a damn good tire for your supermoto.

Have you tried it? Is it any good. I'm still pissed they discontinued the Bridgestone bt 003's. 

I'm on my 3rd front and 5th or 6th rear of the M7rr,   it's a good tire.   I've run the 003,  016 and the s20,  PP 1,2 and 3,  Q3 and the aforementioned Metzler on supermotos ( 610sm, 525exc and now my WR ).   the Metzler is my favorite by far.  It never does anything without warning,  comes back into shape fairly easily, sticks like glue and lasts a wee bit longer ( about an extra 300 miles for a rear,  prior to the M7rr I'd never had a rear go more than 1500 miles ) than everything else I've tried.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pinepig said:

I'm on my 3rd front and 5th or 6th rear of the M7rr,   it's a good tire.   I've run the 003,  016 and the s20,  PP 1,2 and 3,  Q3 and the aforementioned Metzler on supermotos ( 610sm, 525exc and now my WR ).   the Metzler is my favorite by far.  It never does anything without warning,  comes back into shape fairly easily, sticks like glue and lasts a wee bit longer ( about an extra 300 miles for a rear,  prior to the M7rr I'd never had a rear go more than 1500 miles ) than everything else I've tried.

Good info I have to get a pair. I was running a 150/60x17 Bridgestone 003's with a wm5 rear rim as they run large. So from what your saying I should be able to run a 160/60x17 Metzler? When I tried the Conti Supermoto tires the 160 fit fine. 

The 160 slides in there with just enough clearance.   I still get a little touch from the chain every once in a while that leaves a mark but it never chews it up.

• Like 1

The tire is far too wide. Thinking about it. Profile changes. 150 tires are for rims up to 4.5.  150/60 17 or 150/70 17. What should you try? Offset I will fix, but it will not be enough.

Get what you can and let the chain chew it.  I made the mistake of buying a Q3 one time,   I bet the chain ate 1/2 inch off the side of that thing.  Ran it till it was bald no problems.