Clucth slipping, extra steel?

7 fiber plates and 6 steel. When you put them in the basket you start and end with a fiber plate.

2 hours ago, roj0000 said:

Where does the extra steel go? 

You may have a bike that the PO did the extra plate mod on.  The extra plate isn't stock but lots of people have done it and liked it.  

If you want to keep it in there the extra steel goes in the basket first behind the spring seat and judder spring (I think I remember you having a 650R).

Edited by Hollerhead

Yep it's for a 650r. So does the steel go in first against the alloy basket then spring seat,judder then the fiber that there is only one of? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, roj0000 said:

Yep it's for a 650r. So does the steel go in first against the alloy basket then spring seat,judder then the fiber that there is only one of? 

Yep, that's right.  The first fiber in the 650R is "skinny".  It has a larger inside diameter than the others.  

I've never tried the extra plate and I'm not sure it fits with new fibers with a stock stack height.  If you're installing all new stuff you may find it won't work.

Edited by Hollerhead

It really does not feel right to me to put the steel disc against the alloy basket, but I will give it ago.