Brake pedal options - 16 250FX

I bent the tip up pretty bad on a recent trail ride.  I know there are aftermarket complete brake pedals out there for my bike, but I'd prefer to just replace the tip.  Does anyone make a replacement tip?

Tusk makes a replacement tip for their brake pedal assemblies. After a quick look at my WR pedal, it looks like it could be made to fit. You might end up with some sort of Frankenpedal...

Yeah, I saw that.  Looks like most of the replacement tips out there are meant to fit the aftermarket pedals - not the stock pedal.  I know there are lots of companies that make replacement tips for stock KTM pedals.  Was hoping the same for the Yamaha.

10 hours ago, mconnell said:

Yeah, I saw that.  Looks like most of the replacement tips out there are meant to fit the aftermarket pedals - not the stock pedal.  I know there are lots of companies that make replacement tips for stock KTM pedals.  Was hoping the same for the Yamaha.

I have a brand new stock rear brake assembly.

The KTM shifter from models around year 2000 were similar. But, they used a small screw with a nyloc nut. Wonder if one of those tips would work?

• Like 1

Wrecked mine today, smoked a rock pretty good. Skid plate saved the water pump.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

7 hours ago, ckny said:

Wrecked mine today, smoked a rock pretty good. Skid plate saved the water pump.

image.jpeg

That looks very familiar.   Like I say, get out the big strong flat head screw driver!  Mine doesn't look like when it was new, but looks ok and works normal.

The big old screwdriver ended up cracking the tip so I had to throw some JB Weld in to make sure it would be ok. I'm fine running the pedal like this for now, I have a new spare lever I will save for when it's really smashed to bits. GYTR skid plate saved the water pump though. 

I have spares for almost all wear items or parts that may have a chance of getting destroyed. 

IMG_1132.JPG

The big old screwdriver ended up cracking the tip so I had to throw some JB Weld in to make sure it would be ok. I'm fine running the pedal like this for now, I have a new spare lever I will save for when it's really smashed to bits. GYTR skid plate saved the water pump though. 

I have spares for almost all wear items or parts that may have a chance of getting destroyed. 

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:44 PM, mconnell said:

The KTM shifter from models around year 2000 were similar. But, they used a small screw with a nyloc nut. Wonder if one of those tips would work?

Looks promising and for $8, worth the experiment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveCR said:

Looks promising and for $8, worth the experiment.

KTM part 54603060150

10 hours ago, motocrotts said:

Don't put a ktm part on your Yamaha, it will totally mess up your suspension. Check out hammerhead.

Sent from my SM-G950U using ThumperTalk mobile app

Lol, a brake lever tip is gonna wreck your suspension? I hear owning a Beta totally wrecks the handling of a Yamaha. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, motocrotts said:

Actually the Beta and the Yamaha have one think in common, they both work as is.

I guess you could say anything works as is. The Beta needs more work on suspension if you are a relatively fast guy. But anything can be improved. 

So were you being silly about a KTM brake tip messing with a Yamahas suspension or were you serious?