September meet and greet near Cortex, CO?

Hello to all those who live out left. I plan on visiting my little bro in Cortex, CO in late September. Anyone living near there want to meet for a beer? I ride a YZ250 and KX250F, almost exclusively on the sandy coastal pine tree trails of the Lowcountry near Charleston, SC. Grew up riding in the mountains of Northern Cal, which I miss dearly. 

I'll buy the first round!

- Mick (LSHD)

15 hours ago, LSHD said:

Hello to all those who live out left. I plan on visiting my little bro in Cortex, CO in late September. Anyone living near there want to meet for a beer? I ride a YZ250 and KX250F, almost exclusively on the sandy coastal pine tree trails of the Lowcountry near Charleston, SC. Grew up riding in the mountains of Northern Cal, which I miss dearly. 

I'll buy the first round!

- Mick (LSHD)

I assume you mean Cortez?  If so, I'm right down the road.  The Mancos trail system is just minutes away from Cortez, right past Mesa Verde.  Depending on how things fall I may be up for that.  It will be too late in the year for Rico.  Chokecherry Canyon near Farmington is also close by.  You are bringing your bike or have access to one?

2 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

I assume you mean Cortez?  If so, I'm right down the road.  The Mancos trail system is just minutes away from Cortez, right past Mesa Verde.  Depending on how things fall I may be up for that.  It will be too late in the year for Rico.  Chokecherry Canyon near Farmington is also close by.  You are bringing your bike or have access to one?

CJ, yes Cortez. Phone finger. I won't have a bike and so I thought I would resort to riding bar stools. But now I see you don't drink, or perhaps in moderation? Still would love to meet for lunch with you and any of the local TT gang. My brother actually is building a house in Mancos. He may know someone who can wrangle up a bike for me. He's actually a huge mountain and street bicycle guy, but he knows lots of outdoor people.

Just update with the date if you haven't firmed it up yet.  I'll be out of town 16-20 in Sept., going to Tucson to see my folks, my 87 year old dad is having surgery.

• Like 1