Donner hare scramble 2017

I will be entering. I need to get my AMA membership and D36 membership squared away. It will be my first race ever.

• Like 1

I'm going to send it. Men race on Sunday? I think I have a wedding Saturday.

Do they usually have camping available at the event? I'd be bringing my small teardrop trailer.

Trying to get a couple guys from D37 and D38 to run up there for it this year... Never know what to expect. 

Looks like they had camping and staging in the south parking lots last year.

I don't want to be eaten

You'd be fine; you're all bones - not enough meat to be worth cleaning. images(2).png
  • Like 3

Has online registration opened? The flyer points to register at the D36 website, but I'm not seeing it.

The video from last year looked like some pretty hairy conditions....but at the same time fun.

On 8/31/2017 at 1:34 PM, GVRider said:

I will be entering. I need to get my AMA membership and D36 membership squared away. It will be my first race ever.

Last year, Donner would have been my first race ever but I wussed out.  Have done a few events this past year, and I'm in for Donner 2017!  Rented a place in Tahoe Donner so I could bring the family.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dtfastbear said:

Last year, Donner would have been my first race ever but I wussed out.  Have done a few events this past year, and I'm in for Donner 2017!  Rented a place in Tahoe Donner so I could bring the family.

I'll have to look into renting a place, did you use airbnb or something? I was planning on camping but not sure if my Wife would be down for that.

I did Airbnb but cheated since I know the owner of the place and got a deal.  It's not high season, so prices aren't off the charts yet, but aren't exactly cheap either.

• Like 1

D36 assigns a plate number, right? I paid for a family membership, but I didn't receive any email confirmation or additional information. They just said the membership cards will be sent in 14-30 days or something like that.

Edited by GVRider

Yes. If they don't have one to you by the race I'm sure they'll just give you a temp number at the event.

• Like 1

If you want to buy graphics and have your permanent # plates by the event, I'll bet if you call/email the D36 registration folks, they'll expedite it for you...  

They're volunteers, so don't expect same day turnaround, but everyone at D36 has always been super helpful for me.

And to be clear, the D36 membership number you get is your race number.  It'll be 3 digits and a letter.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 9:12 PM, the Riddler. said:

I'm fully committed to this race maybe. It looks fun. Whombst else is in?

Fully committed................................... MAYBE! :lol:

I'm FULLY committed to being in Smith Valley that weekend hill climbing

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, dtfastbear said:

If you want to buy graphics and have your permanent # plates by the event, I'll bet if you call/email the D36 registration folks, they'll expedite it for you...  

They're volunteers, so don't expect same day turnaround, but everyone at D36 has always been super helpful for me.

And to be clear, the D36 membership number you get is your race number.  It'll be 3 digits and a letter.

I emailed District 36 about my membership. Hopefully I'll hear back soon.

I also pre-registered (using just my AMA Family membership#). My boys are in the C 50cc class Race #2 Saturday and I'll be in the C 30+ Race #1 Sunday. Excited!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mongo134 said:

Fully committed................................... MAYBE! :lol:

I'm FULLY committed to being in Smith Valley that weekend hill climbing

No invite?

I have more to show you out there.

Fall/winter is best out there!