They are the older 48 mm or the new 49?

you can't argue with stupid or Yamaha owners

They are the new 49mm, unfortunately you'll need to get the right fork unless you want to start changing a bunch of stuff or fabricating

I got a 17 450rx i wrecked it and bent one of the forks and i was wondering if you could use any other year crf forks.

You can use any of the 48mm complete fork assemblies, they have the same outer tube dimensions and will slide right in. Overall length may differ though.

You can use any of the 48mm complete fork assemblies, they have the same outer tube dimensions and will slide right in. Overall length may differ though.

An error has been made. Moral: don't trust other people's work.

The upper 2017 triple clamp hole and mating 2017 fork diameters are the same but the fatter bottom clamping area of the 2017 CRF450R forks and triple clamp are, indeed, slightly larger in diameter than the 2016 and prior equipment. Many people use a screwdriver to expand the fork gaps to make it easier to slide in so they might not notice any difference as the fork readily slides in with the 2016 and prior triple clamp. I don't know if this will cause a problem as the older clamp will likely still sufficiently grab the new fork, but going the other way (new large-opening triple clamp with 2016-prior forks installed) might pose a problem. I wrote dimensions down and I think it was slightly over a mm of diameter difference, I think I chucked the paper during cleanup.