What was your first bike

My first bike was a mid '90s z50 when I was 9 -- I was too big for that bike the second I got it and upgraded to a new 2000 XR80 only a few months later.

Next bike was a 2002 KX85 which is what really opened my eyes. That thing was on another level compared to those mini trail bikes. I had a cousin who rode Harleys and thought he would take it for a spin without letting me know or asking. As soon as I ran out to the pasture where I could hear him riding, I saw him pulling an involuntary superman behind it and looping out as it hit the powerband. Creased up my fender pretty good, I didn't forgive him for that for a long time haha.

11 minutes ago, Sofiedog said:

1970 CL100 Scrambler then an SL100 with a 125 top end...

Scan0001.jpg

1970 <a  data-cke-saved-href='https://thumpertalk.com/link/click/4521/' href='https://thumpertalk.com/link/click/4521/' rel='nofollow' data-ipsHover-target='https://thumpertalk.com/index.php?app=autolink&module=links&controller=content&id=4521' data-ipsHover target='_blank' data-autoLink>Honda</a> SL100.jpg

Awesome - is that you ?

I had a SL250 Motosport - my 3rd bike ever owned

man...I took that little SL100/125 everywhere...off-road...on the street to work after school...it was great...but, again, my dad was a gear head...when I was 16 he helped me buy a 1970 Z28 Camaro...I didnt ride bikes again til I was 51!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sofiedog said:

I didnt ride bikes again til I was 51!

holy crap - 35 years without riding a bike ?

• Like 1

My little brother had a small Yamaha 2-stroke...my dad hated 2-strokes...he called them "those damn ring-a-dings"...I always had the 4-stroke then, but my friend had a big bad a@@ DT-250...holy cow...a trench digger...so, I always wanted one given the feelings of inadequacy with my efficient little 4-stroke...so now I have a few!!!!

Jumpin.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sofiedog said:

man...I took that little SL100/125 everywhere...off-road...on the street to work after school...

that was like my first bike - DT175G - went everywhere on that thing with my mate who had the same bike

• Like 1

to this day, what my mother did was amazing...of course we'd come home bruised and scratched and sprained every day we rode...but we'd get cleaned up, she'd tend to the bandages...no scolding...next day we're taking off on the bikes...she would always express some concern then just wave and say "be careful!"

IMG_2143.JPGMy 1st bike was a 1973 Honda SL-100...rode the wheels off that thing!! Paid $475.00 out the door after working all summer as a plumbers helper!!

• Like 3