Dt100 piston help!

I recently came into a 78 Dt100. I am new to bikes so I need piston advice. I had to have the jug bored out and got a new Wiseco piston. Put the together and they fit perfect, but there is clacking when I give her throttle. I pull the jug apart and I see scuffing on the piston on the bottom third of the piston, but when I move the piston up and down everything is smooth. Why is my piston contacting the side of the jug?  How do I make it stop?

The reason for the jug being bored out was? 

My guess is the lower conrod bearing is gone. Up and down play will reveal it. If all checks out a thicker cylinder base gasket will certainly help, how thick I would'nt know. 

The previous piston was blown and the jug had been scored pretty bad.  The old gasket got scrapped and I used t gasket maker stuff. Should I try cutting a new one?  There is no up and down play in the piston. Like I said I am new to bikes. 

I owe you guys many thanks. I would have never thought of the gasket!  I got a new one put on this morning and she purrs like a kitten. Thanks for teaching me a valuable lesson about gaskets!