What gear do you ride with ?

I got this too.. it's longer than the one in the vid.. it comes out of the backpack and sort of get's hooked up when I'm trying to duck under fallen trees etc.. good leverage though for cutting and feels good in the hand..

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Fiskars-Chopping-Brush-Axe-78606935J/202681658

b264b7d5-19be-40c6-b8b7-697a000f1899_100

• Like 1

This Parang style from Ozark.. can get at walmart is great especially for the price..and it fits in the backpack.. It's under 10 bucks which is great.. the grip is great considering too. We have tons of grass and brush here in the trail that is sort of relentless and just swallows everything up fast .

This one is on ebay.

s-l500.jpg Don't buy here though ..the shipping is retarded expensive. I just got mine at Walmart.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Ozark-Trail-Parang-Machete-13-5-inch-blade-New-Carbon-Steel-Outdoor-Knife-/253002726386

• Like 1

just got these elbow guards which are great. I don't like the other ones that wrap around the whole elbow and go down your forearm.. actually I do like them for protection and how they feel..for the protection part.. but I don't like the straps tight and hindering my movement. I'm thinking that it is also hotter and sort of stops circulation more.. these here feel way lighter and don't feel like they are chocking any circulation in my elbows.. I just got them and rode with them once.. feel pretty good.

https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/FoxRacing/04265001_1?$dett$&wid=527&hei=645&align=0,0

https://www.foxracing.com/store/product/_/A-product-04265..catalog10001.en__US.plist20002__plist20001.001

fox-elbowknee-sport.jpg

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, THE KRAN said:

EV full Balistic suit

EV shorty shin/knee guards

Shorai helmet

Leat armour gloves

Gaerne boots

Harbor Frieght Machette

18/lb pack with tire plug, tube repair, air cartridge, sockets, motion pro wrenches, industrial sized zip ties, jbweld putty, etc

Krannie how's that Balistic suit as far as  heat? is it vented enough?

I got a cheap but sort of well made for the price back pack from Walmart. The good part is the front clip that holds the shoulder straps together for more support. There's a waist strap but I don't use it. I used to use a variety of camel back type packs but it hindered movement and they were expensive and they didn't have much room in them. The back pack I could add tools,epoxy ,wire, duct tape .. some granola bars etc.. I'm diabetic so gotta have a stash of something. I have one of those mini costco 6 inch flashlights and I need glasses.. can't see shit without it.  I have a whistle  and water etc.. phone.. the regular stuff for trail riding. If someone gets hurt or get stuck or blah blah blah.. gotta have some stuff. The bummer is carrying too much.. So it's a game to figure what's lightest and what's needed. 

I think I have this brand.. forget.. but similar.. This is great and cheap ..and it's lasted long.. I have room as far as the straps go too. I am way more mobile than the camelback .

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-36L-Kachemak-Daypack-Hiking-Backpack-Red/43841580?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227032131621&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=77515780128&wl4=pla-107412171168&wl5=9032800&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=43841580&wl13=&veh=sem

7fca34c5-b16b-44db-aa4c-70ff7071a754_2.22a2cff2e-669d-4a71-aa78-f46baa5a3e1f_1.4

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I use gen 1 Zowa goggles which are great.. The widest clearest vision yet and the top of the goggle goes on your helmet ..not your forehead so it's more comfortable too.. less fogging. It looks giant like clown goggles but it's awesome to me.

I just bought my second set.  I think the Zowa's are great.

My gear:

Leatt neck brace

3 Thor cheaper helmets so I can rotate out when sweaty.

Evs knee braces (ride longer and harder with these puppies)

Fox enduro elbow guards (no hard parts)

Older Moose HRP Flak Jak modified for more air flow, coiled rope on the back around a canteen with a feed tube.  I add a second canteen to the belt if it's a hot day on remote trails.

Forma ADV series boots....light, water-proof, supple, still with decent protection...can feel the shifter and brake very well.  AND you can walk distances without getting blisters!

Moose large fanny pack with just enough stuff to keep it fairly light.

Klim vented Mojave in-the-boot pants for summer,  cheap over-the-boot pants for winter (winter slip and slides = exhaust burn holes).

Whatever vented jersey I happen to have laying around

Ace  hardware pruning scissors and a 8" folding saw

ACR rescue beacon (no yearly fee) and a cell phone (I only use my basic cell phone for emergencies).

• Like 2

20 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

just got these elbow guards which are great. I don't like the other ones that wrap around the whole elbow and go down your forearm.. actually I do like them for protection and how they feel..for the protection part.. but I don't like the straps tight and hindering my movement. I'm thinking that it is also hotter and sort of stops circulation more.. these here feel way lighter and don't feel like they are chocking any circulation in my elbows.. I just got them and rode with them once.. feel pretty good.

https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/FoxRacing/04265001_1?$dett$&wid=527&hei=645&align=0,0

https://www.foxracing.com/store/product/_/A-product-04265..catalog10001.en__US.plist20002__plist20001.001

I decided to use arm guards in a rocky desert race once, and even though I made sure the straps were as loose as possible, after an hour or so, I began to get severe arm pump.  I ended up throwing them off.  Now I use the Fox no-strap type "Fox Racing Launch Enduro Elbow Guards", which protect my arms from the constant flogging by branches alongside very tight trails. I think they were designed for off-road bicycling. They don't  cause any circulation problems, although I don't think they'd to much to protect from sharp rocks in a fall, but that's not a high probability where I ride. 

• Like 1

Hmm rescue beacon.. good thing to investigate..not s much for this island for me but the big island it makes sense. I've been wondering about those forma boots too. .. sort of for the reasons you say make sense....still I'm a bit concerned about the plain blunt trauma type boulder and log contact too that holds me back a little from leaving my SG10.

From head to toe:

Helmet (Shoei VFX-W)and (Oakley O-Frame)goggles.

Elbow pads(661) and gloves.

Kneepads(661) and (Revit Discovery)boots.  

Fannypack with camera, cellphone and ACR RescueLink.  S/S water bottle. 

Tools that are in the toolbag and soon will have a spare clutch lever and maybe a spare master link.  

Edited by Ben500RR-S
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, THE KRAN said:

Bare arms, no elbow protection, flag hand guards, flat bill shorts.....utterly pathetic. 

You need to go down a few times in that get-up and hit a yucca tree at 50mph with those 'hand guards' to get your mind right.....

Hope you have great insurance. 

By the way, CamelBack contributes SUBSTANTIALLY to the Sierra Club, who lobbists politicians to steal from our OHV funds, and to block land legal for our use.

Wow, you seem like you know everything about everything,:prof: you must be popular at parties. ? Did you even watch the video??? 

What makes you think I need to crash at all? And why should I hit a yucca? Seriously, watts up kran kran? Why you so Kran-ky??? :rant::rant::rant:

Why wish hurt upon others?:cripple: Just to feel right about something? Justified maybe?? It's not cool man, not cool.

And I have hit yucca's in the past, but so what, life goes on.:cool: You act like I'm scared of something, or something... So let's leave the factory beta handgaurds out of this, I like that style. If I thought I needed some wraps, I'd have them already. Just because your afraid, that doesn't mean others share your feelings, just ride, smile, and have a pepsi or something, sheesh.... :ride: I'm pretty sure that I know when I need to pad up and when I don't. If you needed me to, I'd ride your bike up a hill for ya's. So quit tripping, let's be friends...

And what the heck are flat bill shorts? For a dude that rides motorcycles, that seems awfully, ahhh, how you say? awfully girly like... What kinda shorts do you wear??? Nevermind, I don't want to know.?

This pic was out in occotillo wells, and I didnt see a yucca anywhere. And since I was out there for a cruise, albeit a fast cruise. Why wear body armor that I knew I wouldnt need? It's because I knew I wouldn't crash! I know my limits and I wasn't anywhere near them.

and yeah I have dual coverage medical and dental, and full coverage, even on my chevy luv-machin' so that's that... 

This is the first I have ever heard about camelback and the seirra club, so thanks. Maybe I'll spend my money differently next time? :cheers: But that camelback is from around 2002, and the way I used to hammer my bike, as well as myself while wearing it, is a testament to it's construction.

Heres the video of me cruising around O.W. So feel free to watch it and point out any yuccas that you might see, then subscribe, and be sure to throw a like for the effort I made: 

?

oh yeah, make sure you have a nice day, could you try and do that for me??? Thanks...

Edited by surfer-dude
I had to fix some punktuation
  • Like 3