piston size

Hi i currently have a piston that measures 48.38mm hard to find that size just wondering could i use a 48.00 piston without any problems or might the compression be low thanks 

No you can't that's way off . Is that a sleeve ? Just trying to figure out what your working on because usually on a 80-85 cc would be like 48.00 or 48.50 - 52.00 for 100cc , if it's been sleeved maybe it's been bored out once already to 48.50?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using ThumperTalk mobile app

its a 1990 rm80 on its 2nd bore just wondering because i found a real good deal on a weisco piston kit for for like 28 bucks only issue is its a 48.00 so do you think a 48.50 would fit on the 48.38 without a rebore?  thanks

That would be the next sized piston you could get if the bore is not scared up because they may need to take a lil bit more to clean it up . It's going to need bored at least to 48.50 maybe even the next size depending on condition of your cylinder . Best bet is take it to whoever your going to have bore it for him to decide what size your going to need to go . But either way your in the middle of a size your going to have to get a bore job .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using ThumperTalk mobile app