New Bike Question

Short history, I had a 2010 KX 250f.  I sold it and with in two weeks regretting it and now am in the market for a new bike.   I am 6'4" 240 lbs and 44 yrs old.    I was looking at  YZ250f or KX250F.   How ever I stumpled about a pretty sweet deal on a YZ 450f.      I wasn't even thinking of a 450 until I saw this bike.    My question is it too much bike?    I don't race just like to hit the track and trails with my kids.   I don't plan to race or get crazy on the bike. 

opinions please

My opinion, stay away from the 450, too much bike. But, that's my opinion and I'm sure others will disagree with me. I have a yz250f and it's more than enough for me and I'm a bit older by only a few years.

My YZ250FX and my son's YZ250F are more than enough bike for me to race and a 450 would be too much for me.  After riding both types back to back, I found that my lap times are shorter and more consistent on the 250s and much less tiring so that I don't fall as much or feel as worn out as soon.  I also find the 250s more fun.   If you find a really good deal on a 450 though and you don't race it might be worth getting for the track and mild to moderate trails.  It would probably be too heavy and overpowered for tight single track trails though.  Where in Ontario do you ride?  At Gopher Dunes for example, I found the CRF450R way too tiring compared to the CRF250R the same day when Honda did their Demo Day there for the 2016 models.

that is what I was wondering if the 450 would be way to much for me.   We ride at local tracks around London and yes Gopher Dunes as well.

I just saw this 450 and was like hummm.  They are not much more money then the 250's I have been looking at but they look much cleaner and better kept

Iv'e had 8 450s with a 16 YZ450FX being the last and have just replaced it with a 250FX.I should have got on one long a go.These are so much fun compared to a 450.

• Like 1