2003 ttr 225 gas cap

I'm looking for a new gas cap for my ttr225. The one that came with the bike is hard to put on and take off, almost like it doesn't actually fit. I've noticed just doing a quick lap around the block without a full tank it's leaking from what looks like the cap or around the neck filler. I'm not sure. Anyways I'm not even sure if this is meant for my bike but can anyone direct me where I can get a new cap? Apparently they've discontinued them and no one knows what will fit. I'm hoping it's just the cap and not the actual neck piece, worried the previous owner did work to the tank and possibly not a good job.

I've attached a picture of what's on the bike now.

IMG_1127.jpgIMG_1128.jpg

Your bike was made in Brazil and distributed in other parts of the world. The cap may be still available in other countries. I would start by typing the part # into ebay and see what you get. You may need to contact dealers in other countries to look for one.

Take a good look at your tank and make sure it's ok before searching the world for a gas cap.

Just now, William1 said:

5CH-F4610-00-00

Available at any OEM dealer

i was told it was discontinued when i called to ask for a new one

1 minute ago, William1 said:

Original part number is. The one I gave you is the new one.

okay thanks i will try and see if that works and if they can order it for me.

Hey There Breanne,

I have the same bike (2001) though and have the same problem I called around looked on ebay talked to a couple shops and came up empty also.  Did you ever have any luck?  I also called Clarke to see if they had a gas cap that would fit.  No luck.  Clarke does sell a replacement tank (although a little bigger than stock) for an XT 225 which from my understanding is the same bike with lights to make it street legal.  240 clams for a new tanks seems kinda steep to fix a sticky gas cap so I guess I will just deal for a while, or until I put a nice big ding/hole it in it guess.  

Curious is anyone has put a Clarke XT 225 tank on a TTR 225?  My guess is its not a problem but seems like Clarke would list it as a bike it would fit if it does.

Hey There Breanne,
  I have the same bike (2001) though and have the same problem I called around looked on ebay talked to a couple shops and came up empty also.  Did you ever have any luck?  I also called Clarke to see if they had a gas cap that would fit.  No luck.  Clarke does sell a replacement tank (although a little bigger than stock) for an XT 225 which from my understanding is the same bike with lights to make it street legal.  240 clams for a new tanks seems kinda steep to fix a sticky gas cap so I guess I will just deal for a while, or until I put a nice big ding/hole it in it guess.  
Curious is anyone has put a Clarke XT 225 tank on a TTR 225?  My guess is its not a problem but seems like Clarke would list it as a bike it would fit if it does.

I haven’t had any luck yet. I also haven’t looked in awhile as it’s winter and I may have other issues with the bike now. If I can find a replacement cap or something that would work I will keep everyone updated on this thread!