Mountain climbing on the 250X

Just did a couple of days riding on the east slopes of the Rockies.  In awe of what this bike can do!  5k run up the side of a mountain with loose rock and shale most of the way up. What a blast. 13 tooth front sprocket working great. Lots of smoke from the forest fires in BC.  They could use some of that rain from Texas!

20170831_105556.jpg

20170831_104646.jpg

• Like 5

Nice. Enjoy those eastern slopes while we still can. No trees up there for the silly tree huggers anyway!

I dropped it to a 172.  Seems to run pretty good even at that altitude and back when I'm down around 2000 feet above sea level.

And I would have got a picture of the slope but I was to afraid of falling off!  Seemed easier to ride back down:lol:

I just went to a 170 main  at about 1200 ft 65-80 F and man is it crisp . But and soon as fall hits I think it' s going back to a 175 . But , I am currently running a YZ CDI . 

Edited by Rosehill Ryder

I had heard someone else do this on purpose . But ,  I did it out of necessity . I had put an X CDI on my daughter's YZ and after washing it one day and prepping  it up , I fired it up and it  died . So we had a race like the next day . So I took My CDI off and I put her original CDI on mine . I thought I saw the difference (not sure )and it did not bother me . After a few weeks I took the CDI to my work and we x-rayed it and saw nothing wrong with it . The engineer helping me saw some contamination on the pins , plus I had accidentally left the insulator in the original CDI . I took it home put it back in my X . I didn't like it  . It just did not pull as hard . Here's my take . A stock YZ cylinder and porting likes the X CDI . And depending on the riders liking , the YZ CDI works good on the X . My opinion anyway . I only wish I had tried this before I had bought the other CDI . Any Whoo I have an extra ! Glad I had it that one day . 

• Like 1

Very nice! I still remember the first big thread on the X. OP rightly predicted it would be a great success. 

I run a 13:50 on my 2005, about half the time with the X CDI. Great for sloppy trails. But I do like the hit of the stock CDI. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rosehill Ryder said:

I had heard someone else do this on purpose . But ,  I did it out of necessity . I had put an X CDI on my daughter's YZ and after washing it one day and prepping  it up , I fired it up and it  died . So we had a race like the next day . So I took My CDI off and I put her original CDI on mine . I thought I saw the difference (not sure )and it did not bother me . After a few weeks I took the CDI to my work and we x-rayed it and saw nothing wrong with it . The engineer helping me saw some contamination on the pins , plus I had accidentally left the insulator in the original CDI . I took it home put it back in my X . I didn't like it  . It just did not pull as hard . Here's my take . A stock YZ cylinder and porting likes the X CDI . And depending on the riders liking , the YZ CDI works good on the X . My opinion anyway . I only wish I had tried this before I had bought the other CDI . Any Whoo I have an extra ! Glad I had it that one day . 

If you like the yz cdi try the head as well on the yz250x. They work together like salt and pepper...especially if you do the power valve mod and shave another .012" off  the yz 250 head or about .040"-.50"  off the stock head.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mcgradybrandt said:

If you like the yz cdi try the head as well on the yz250x. They work together like salt and pepper...especially if you do the power valve mod and shave another .012" off  the yz 250 head or about .040"-.50"  off the stock head.

I may just try that beings as I have the stock YZ head just sitting . When time allows , if that ever happens . Did remove the washer , makes it a screamer !

• Like 1