Any good cheap goggles out there?

I think the most I'd spend on goggles are $30. with some in the range of $100 I might as well just buy a spare helmet.

Any good goggles out there? I notice a lot of them have a tint to them on the outside, but do you still see the tint when wearing them? It's not too sunny out, and it's not going to be for awhile so I'll need something that gives me clear vision. Although the outside tint looks cool, I'm not sure if there are any of them that let's you see clear through them though.

Go to your local bike shop and try them on. Sometimes you can find some they've had for a while and you can get a deal. If not at least you know how they fit so you can order online.  I like progrip with the self tinting lens, but there not that cheap. I always wear one tear off to protect my lens from getting scratched.

Scott Recoil XI (the old 83 series) goggles. They're under $30, have a good lens selection, and fit almost any helmet out there. I have been running them forever and are my go to goggle.

I use bifocal magnifying safety glasses for trail riding, buy them at Walmart in the Optical Dept for $5. The lens are hard plastic and  I've been using one pair for more than a year. They were always easy to clean with soap and water, or wipe off trail dust with my jersey.  Last ride they fell off the rail of my PU and I inadvertently stepped on them with my riding boots, they didn't break but one lens got scratched. Just sayin

I just bought the 2017 Scott Hustle on sale for only $25 from Rocky Mountain because the 2018s are coming out.  They work really well with my Leatt helmet.

Edited by GerGa

3 hours ago, Hudson Charlton said:

I have the 100% race craft. Totally worth $100

Yeah, and my usual goggles are 100%, too, but the OP wanted cheap. ;)

• Like 1

Another vote for 100%. The only difference between the Strata and the Accuri are 2 layer foam vs. 3 layer foam. The clear lens versions are $25 on amazon from a quick google. May be able to find them cheaper elsewhere.

I have the Accuri, my dad has the Strata, and they both work very well. Nice wide field of vision, and they don't fog up even in muggy Mississippi unless you're at a standstill for a while. Anything above walking speed will keep them clear and fogless even in the swamps.

• Like 1

100% has a $30 goggle. I bought a pair the other day and raced in them Saturday. Can't tell the difference between my more expensive 100%'s. 

• Like 1

Your eyes are one of the most important parts of your body, you really don't wanna skimp out on them. 100$ for top of the line goggles is really not that much. If you can afford 30$, save some more. We're talking about eyes, you can't do ANYTHING without them. See it as an investment.

You aren't getting any more protection from $100 goggles than $30 unless you you are looking at taking a chance on no name Chinese knock off from Alibaba.  What's with all this talk of 100%'s most expensive model.  The guy is not looking for that price range.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, LukeYZ426F said:

100% has a $30 goggle. I bought a pair the other day and raced in them Saturday. Can't tell the difference between my more expensive 100%'s. 

Come on, be honest.  I had the chance to compare Accuris to Stratas the other day, you can tell the difference in the foam right away.  Accuris will last you a few years (mine have), you will be lucky to get a season out of the Stratas, IMO.  100% wouldn't be selling a goggle for $30 that is the same as its goggle costing twice as much or more.  What kind of business sense would that make?  They use the same lenses...and that's it.

Edited by cjjeepercreeper
  • Like 3