Tahuya State Forest ORV Videos

A couple videos from my recent ride out there. 

Tahuya is just outside of Belfair WA, just on the North Side of Hood Canal. The area offers riding for dirt bikes, atv, jeeps and side/sides. There are several long double track trails that are bidirectional. Take caution during busy times, lots of blind corners. The single track at Tahuya is a very extensive and well built network, and what the area lacks in elevation, it makes up for in roots, mud, rocks and year round entertainment!

Los Agaves and Caspers Pizza/BBQ are a couple of my favorite places to eat after the ride, and before the ride you can get a good breakfast at either Gold Mountain Golf Course or the Bremerton Airport. 

You can get Ethanol Super at the Bear Creek Country Store on Old Belfair HWY. A secret shortcut can also be had as you leave the store and you turn right, and up NE Bear Creek Dewato Road (Simply follow til you get to Sand Hill Rd, or eventually Elfendahl Rd). This shaves a few minutes off, and bypasses Belfair which can have a busy afternoon commute running through the area. 

Edited by TigerTanker

The weather in the vids above, is not what we typically do....

Tahuya is typically used by the Puget Sound riders as an off season only area. When the good stuff in the mountains open up, my friends and I usually leave Tahuya alone. Part of the reason is to avoid getting burned out on the place as the winter and spring can get long around here.... That said, Tahuya is very big and every time I'm out there I seem to stumble upon some new gem of a trail. There are secret forest elves I think that make these trails.....because few people take any credit for the awesome work that is done out there!

Tahuya is fantastic for learning how to ride. Many of the trails, especially the double track are great for beginners and those transitioning through intermediate skills. There are sand pits/gravel pits too, and the jeep trails are wide open and an occasional fun ride, though it's wise to give first rights to the typically very courteous and friendly jeep crowd out there. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...