2007 yz450 WILL NOT START

I recently picked this 07 up non running. It has good compression. Carburetor is clean. I've had it apart twice. Can't get to pop over on spray either.  I have good blue spark. Will jump about a half inch. Plug is good, and new. 

From what I can hear it sounds life it's firing late. Timing looks dead on to me, but the intake cam looks funny from looking at the lobe position. 

Valves are in check, and no leak down to speak of. Tps? Stator? 

IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

I was wondering if it didn't spin, from my knowledge, that love should be up quite a few degrees more. Are they pinned at all or just pressed on? 

Just now, dmoen said:

I was wondering if it didn't spin, from my knowledge, that love should be up quite a few degrees more. Are they pinned at all or just pressed on? 

They are pressed on. If it is an aftermarket cam, it does happen

Apparently it just died on a previous owner, it's been through a couple hands till I picked it up CHEAP. Anyone have a spare intake cam laying around and a degree wheel to see where the cam and cam gear are supposed to be in relation? If I can get a couple measure mental I can check this, and press it off and press it back on. And a weld to keep it from happening again. Would like to run this bike a bit this weekend. My crf450x is I. Need of a bit of work and I'd like to hit up some trails. 

We'll I welded the gear on, and put the cans to where I can find looks best of all the pictures I can find of installed cams on the net. Made a scribe on the cam for next time it's apart. Going back together now, should be running soon. The middle cam journal was messed up. I checked the cam in my turning lathe and polished off the aluminum from the cam, and I cleaned the head up with a razor blade. It's not the right way, (I know) but I don't have the money for a new head and cams right now. 👍

• Like 2

If you head is messed up I would recommend Al at advanced machine in PA. He does great work and it is pretty cheap. I just sent my 03 yz450 head off for journal repair, cleaning and to be decked and it cost me $180 for the work then like $20 for shipping to his shop. I took the valves out myself but the head came back looking like new. Not a bit of carbon anywhere, journals looked brand new and cams were polished. He will also tell you any other issues he finds. Also he only took about a week once he had my head. It even came back is break in lube on the journals and lobes. He really does do great work and it's way cheaper then a $1000 new head