HRC PGM-FI software issue

I have a 2011 CRF450R that I just got the CD-ROM for. 

After getting it all hooked up, I click read, and then I have two windows that pop up and then I finally have one that says "The ECU cannot be shifted to the Data transmission mode"

Any ideas on what's causing this?

Battery hooked up? Switching "on" when asked? Did you click "model decision" I think it is so the software recognizes that ECU for the 1st time?

Yes battery is hooked up. I open the software, then insert the USB then try and read what the existing mapping is like. For model decision it set to 10CRF450R.

So it appears that I have to "write" a map to it first? Am I not able to look at the existing mapping? I was told it had been remapped before, so I was wanting to save that info before making changes. 

So I still keep having the issue. 

I have both device manager and the software set on COM4. Check. 

When powered, the light is on, on the MIL

When I open up the software and click read, the window pops up and says something about ignition on or something like that, so that's when I hook the positive wire lead to the battery and the click ok and proceed. Still keep having the issue with the ECU not shifting to data transmission mode. 

I am using the DIY method listed in the sticky topics at the top. I used the provided driver that came with the VAG KKL K-line OBDII cable. 

I also confirmed that I have the right disc, and selected 2010CRF450R for the bike.

Any other ideas? 

Sounds like a Windows issue. You shouldn't have to manually set the com port.

What OS are you running the software on? I think some folks had problems trying to run it on Vista 32bit.

I run the version that includes up to the 2017 on Win7 64bit and the DIY cable with no problems at all. Can you get another laptop/pc to test with?

Edited by mrmoto35

On 9/2/2017 at 10:15 PM, MXandSXracer21 said:

I finally got it to work. I simply tried a different USB port and then it worked. 

Tried to plug up again over the weekend and again tonight and I cannot connect to the ECU. I keep getting the "exu cannot be shifted to data transmission mode." I tried other USB ports too. No bueno. I also made sure the com port in both device manager and the tuner program matched up. 

On 3/9/2017 at 3:25 AM, mrmoto35 said:

Sounds like a Windows issue. You shouldn't have to manually set the com port.

What OS are you running the software on? I think some folks had problems trying to run it on Vista 32bit.

I run the version that includes up to the 2017 on Win7 64bit and the DIY cable with no problems at all. Can you get another laptop/pc to test with?

can you send me a message, I tried but seems u can't receive messages. regards