Is it possible to make the hour meter go UP?

I know, weird question. A while back my odometer stopped working because the cable frayed after going through some dense vegetation/long grass. Fixed it with electrical tape, but the white connector clip that "clips" the two connectors together was broken so I knew it wouldn't last forever. After a few weeks it's not working again. I'll be buying a new cable, but in the meantime I'm wondering if it's possible at all to adjust the hour meter. At the moment, the meter shows 135 hours, but I actually have around 141 or so. I don't want to start counting hours of riding again until I get a new cable (could take a few weeks). For some reason, it really annoys me not to have the hour meter working (and speedo, though I can get that info on my GPS). 

So, once I get the new cable, will it be possible for me to "up" the number of hours the bike has? Manual doesn't seem to show an option.

No , not really easy and not something it's meant to be done .  If you can hot wire it and make the unit think it's on a running bike , with a drill turning the odo cable , then let it sit for however many hours you want to add it's possible , but not worth it .

Ok as far as i know Trailtech built these units. Call or email them.  The reason I think they can help is I have a trailtech Vapor on one of my bikes. One day i parked it with the magnet next to the wheel sensor.  The Vapor never went to sleep mode. Killed the internal battery and i lost everything. I emailed them and they sent directions with a secret code to enter into the unit. This code allowed me to enter mileage and engine hours. Maybe the ktm/husky units are similar.  Hopefully. 

If not think about installing a Vapor. You will gain a tach , air temp , water temp , trip time, and max speed for around $130usd.