Sign in to follow this  

Spark arrestor

I’m in need of a spark arrestor for my 05 crf250x, and 230f. Also need a kickstand for both and a skid plate for the 250. If anyone has any of these parts laying around and would let them go for cheap money let me know, my friend and I would greatly appreciate it!

The end cap is the SA, the picture posted by Rams shows the inserts which help reduce noise, and it has been reported that the CRF250X and CRF230F inserts interchange. The inserts also affect gas flow and can be modified, or replaced, to change power delivery.

Dyno reports on the 81 XR200R showed big gains in bottom end torque by removing the muffler insert.
I installed a CRF250R muffler on my XR218 becasue it showed improved bottom end after testing it against a Supertrapp IDS2 muffler. And later replaced the insert with a "power ring" to further improve bottom end. And because of those results I did the same mod to my CRF250X, which made it much better for tight gnarly ST.

If you want noise reduction add a down turn tip to the muffler, it will reduce noise 2-3db on soft surfaces like dirt. I made mine from 1 1/2" sink traps, you need to expand the 1 1/2" OD to 1 1/2" ID so it fits over the inner tube shown in my previous post, and is retained by the  insert retaining bolt.

P1000797.JPG.c8012b10fe17ad166b904494783d93ae.JPG

The "power ring" that is used to replace the insert. Noise does increase but not as loud as no insert.

59b20ccba9b8a_CRF250XPowerRingInsert.jpg.50620ed78367bbea1efcfd823b7ef835.jpg 

• Like 1