Need CRF150F engine

In need of an engine for a 2003 crf150f. Rod broke on piston. Took a big chunk out of the center of both cases. Trying to figure out if I'm better off rebuilding or getting a used motor. I would imagine I need left/right cases, rod, piston at the minimum. Thoughts?

Anyone have an engine for sale?

E Bay is your friend, check every day and often. One will turn up.
May I suggest installing a 230f engine instead? Your model was only made 4 years, and is well known to break kick start gears. The 230 is still in production and has been for over 15 years.... easier to find... 6spd....electric start...,YES IT WILL FIT!
Just use a 230 upper engine mount.

On 9/2/2017 at 11:09 AM, adnohguy said:

E Bay is your friend, check every day and often. One will turn up.
May I suggest installing a 230f engine instead? Your model was only made 4 years, and is well known to break kick start gears. The 230 is still in production and has been for over 15 years.... easier to find... 6spd....electric start...,YES IT WILL FIT!
Just use a 230 upper engine mount.

Just to clarify, you're saying a CRF230F engine will bolt right in to a CRF150F frame as long as I use the 230's mounts?  Just making sure before I track one down. 

Edited by BJV

Yes that is correct, just the upper mount on the top of the head is different.

Keep in mind the 230 is electric start and has no kicker.

So you will need a battery, battery box and wiring that goes along with it from a 23O.
It all just bolts right on easily, you can get all of it on E Bay.

The 05-older 150f used the same exact frame as any year 230.

You could use the 230 forks, swing arm and wheels if you choose later on in the future.
Get a genuine Honda Factory Shop manual for a 230 on E Bay, it has photos showing all connections and routing procedures.

Good luck
Working on them is just as much fun as riding them.

I would if I could. But I live in Belize. The demand for 150 parts is way too low here. But I'll be riding by the weekend anyway. My bike is a CRF250R which is perfect for the jungle here. The 150 is going to be a project bike. That's why I'm hoping to find an engine since I can box that up fairly small and ship it down. Duty should be be minimal on just an engine too. I'd pay 50% tax if I ship a whole bike.