Stepper Motor Reset Instructions from Beta

I just wanted to post this information given to me straight from Ron at Beta USA since I couldn't find it anywhere else in the manual...ect. Hopefully this helps people in the future and makes it easier to find.

Like posted in other threads in this forum, this procedure will help if riding in a different location than usual(elevation/ temperature changes...ect). This procedure can also help if you bike all of a sudden has a hanging idle issue. (For four stroke FI models). 

Stepper Motor Reset Instructions:

1) Bike ignition is off and engine temperature is BELOW 170 degrees Fahrenheit.

2) Turn on the bike's ignition and start the bike. At no point during this process, should you touch the throttle!

3) Let the bike engine temperature get up to at least 215 degrees Fahrenheit. (Fan may also come on. This is okay).

4) Turn off ignition (Reset has been performed). 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SinR1 said:

I just wanted to post this information given to me straight from Ron at Beta USA since I couldn't find it anywhere else in the manual...ect. Hopefully this helps people in the future and makes it easier to find.

Like posted in other threads in this forum, this procedure will help if riding in a different location than usual(elevation/ temperature changes...ect). This procedure can also help if you bike all of a sudden has a hanging idle issue. (For four stroke FI models). 

Stepper Motor Reset Instructions:

1) Bike ignition is off and engine temperature is BELOW 170 degrees Fahrenheit.

2) Turn on the bike's ignition and start the bike. At no point during this process, should you touch the throttle!

3) Let the bike engine temperature get up to at least 215 degrees Fahrenheit. (Fan may also come on. This is okay).

4) Turn off ignition (Reset has been performed). 

Thanks for getting this straight from Beta!  Kudos! 

• Like 1