2017 TE 250 What Mods for Hare scrambles

Looking at picking up a 17 TE 250 i have only ran quads in HS so not sure what if any mods i should be prepared to do. I know with my 450Rs i would dump another 5k in them with shocks motor work a-arms the works. But with bikes i have no clue outside of skid plate, flex bars, steering stab.  So any suggestions would be great. I will be riding in Illinois. Thanks for your time

Skid plate (AXP, SXS skid and Link Guard), Cycra Hand Guards, Spark Arrestor silencer (FMF Turbincore 2.1), Fan Kit (Husqvarna hard parts or Trail Tech), and a Trail Tech high output DC Stator, JD Jet kit....

Skid plate (AXP, SXS skid and Link Guard), Cycra Hand Guards, Spark Arrestor silencer (FMF Turbincore 2.1), Fan Kit (Husqvarna hard parts or Trail Tech), and a Trail Tech high output DC Stator, JD Jet kit....

Thanks for the list.

No problem..You will be so happy with the Husky 250, great choice...

Haven't actually bought it yet. I'm stuck between buying a left over 17 vs a cheaper lightly used 16 300

If you can afford it, i would definitely go for the 2017..It was the first year of the counter balancer...Plus you can start off fresh for maintenance.... You won't be disappointed in your decision...

5 hours ago, GasGrassOrASS said:

Ok can you please explain why? Thanks

Because the factory jetting is way off, it is very rare for the mikuni equip ktm/huskys to run decent out of the box, jd's kit gets you close, adding a leaner slide makes it perfect. 

29 minutes ago, TommyB 754 said:

Because the factory jetting is way off, it is very rare for the mikuni equip ktm/huskys to run decent out of the box, jd's kit gets you close, adding a leaner slide makes it perfect. 

OK Thank you

That is what mine use to look like 67 hours ago. Great bike once set up. Jd jet kit and sx head made mine run really good. Running stock reeds and pipe.IMG_1372.thumb.JPG.4f525d6e8685359465ea85b09fe01616.JPG

Edited by pedec
  • Like 1

1-Get the bike running correctly

2-Suspension

3 guards

Everything else you add is for more personalization and should be added to complement your experience, terrain and race discipline. No point in adding CV forks, a PC linkage etc if you're not going to get the full advantage out of them... 

I have decided to take my bike to MX-Tech and let them do the suspension. For some reason I always get lucky with having good suspension guys close to where I live. 70 miles isn't to bad. When I ran quads my suspension guy lived 10 miles from me. And would take my shocks with him when he flew out to PEP.

Anyway after reading and listening to suggestions. I think I will do JD jet kit and possibly the S3 head? I am going to go with AXP skid plate fan and radiator guards. FMF turbincore 2.1 cyrca wrap around. And ride the shit out of it. Hopefully I will be ready to go in March. 

Edited by GasGrassOrASS

21 minutes ago, GasGrassOrASS said:

I have decided to take my bike to MX-Tech and let them do the suspension. For some reason I always get lucky with having good suspension guys close to where I live. 70 miles isn't to bad. When I ran quads my suspension guy lived 10 miles from me. And would take my shocks with him when he flew out to PEP.

Anyway after reading and listening to suggestions. I think I will do JD jet kit and possibly the S3 head? I am going to go with AXP skid plate fan and radiator guards. FMF turbincore 2.1 cyrca wrap around. And ride the shit out of it. Hopefully I will be ready to go in March. 

Spring it properly, set clickers and sag and play around with the stock stuff first. A waste of money to blindly throw money away on suspension unless you know exactly where it needs to be improved... 

• Like 1