2017 TE 250 What Mods for Hare scrambles

Looking at picking up a 17 TE 250 i have only ran quads in HS so not sure what if any mods i should be prepared to do. I know with my 450Rs i would dump another 5k in them with shocks motor work a-arms the works. But with bikes i have no clue outside of skid plate, flex bars, steering stab.  So any suggestions would be great. I will be riding in Illinois. Thanks for your time

1-Get the bike running correctly

2-Suspension

3 guards

Everything else you add is for more personalization and should be added to complement your experience, terrain and race discipline. No point in adding CV forks, a PC linkage etc if you're not going to get the full advantage out of them... 

I have decided to take my bike to MX-Tech and let them do the suspension. For some reason I always get lucky with having good suspension guys close to where I live. 70 miles isn't to bad. When I ran quads my suspension guy lived 10 miles from me. And would take my shocks with him when he flew out to PEP.

Anyway after reading and listening to suggestions. I think I will do JD jet kit and possibly the S3 head? I am going to go with AXP skid plate fan and radiator guards. FMF turbincore 2.1 cyrca wrap around. And ride the shit out of it. Hopefully I will be ready to go in March. 

Edited by GasGrassOrASS

21 minutes ago, GasGrassOrASS said:

I have decided to take my bike to MX-Tech and let them do the suspension. For some reason I always get lucky with having good suspension guys close to where I live. 70 miles isn't to bad. When I ran quads my suspension guy lived 10 miles from me. And would take my shocks with him when he flew out to PEP.

Anyway after reading and listening to suggestions. I think I will do JD jet kit and possibly the S3 head? I am going to go with AXP skid plate fan and radiator guards. FMF turbincore 2.1 cyrca wrap around. And ride the shit out of it. Hopefully I will be ready to go in March. 

Spring it properly, set clickers and sag and play around with the stock stuff first. A waste of money to blindly throw money away on suspension unless you know exactly where it needs to be improved... 

• Like 1