moving handlebar forward to alternative mounting points?

anybody did that? I mean on my 500 exc I see second set of threaded holes next to existing mounting point,

where bolts go through handlebar clamps. I suppose it's for moving it forward, right?

I'm 6'1 and would be nice to have handlebar a bit away from me.

Edited by motf

Hey

There are 4 mounting positions. 2 holes to move the clamp forward and back and you can also rotate the bar clamps as they have different offsets.

At 6'1 I would start with the front hole and rotate the clamps closer to you. The idea would be to center the bars to the center of the fork tubes. You can then start at 0 offset on the bar rotation and work up to +1 or +2 on the bar rotation to get the most natural position when standing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atkinse said:

Hey

There are 4 mounting positions. 2 holes to move the clamp forward and back and you can also rotate the bar clamps as they have different offsets.

At 6'1 I would start with the front hole and rotate the clamps closer to you. The idea would be to center the bars to the center of the fork tubes. You can then start at 0 offset on the bar rotation and work up to +1 or +2 on the bar rotation to get the most natural position when standing.

thanks, will try that. I have also bar risers but not sure if I'll need them.