2011 crf450 water pump mechanical seal

Can someone please provide me the best possible way of installing these with out destroying them.

I have searched and found no real procedure. i have seen the service manual steps but dont have access to the collars.

Is the shaft  pressed in to the inner part of the seal??

Thanks

I just rebuilt the water pump in my 85 atc250r that uses the same seal as your bike and I just used a properly sized socket that sat on the metal part that goes in the case and hammered it in.

10 hours ago, 96motorhead said:

I just rebuilt the water pump in my 85 atc250r that uses the same seal as your bike and I just used a properly sized socket that sat on the metal part that goes in the case and hammered it in.

Same here. I have a drawer full of sockets I keep around just for pressing parts in or out..

I too have a 85 ATC250r. I bought it new in 85. When I restored it I bought the blind bearing puller from Honda to remove the front hub bearings and then I knock the new ones back in with a socket. For a while I was buying front hubs on ebay, installing new OEM bearings in them,  and reselling them. I would generally make about $100 a hub for 10 minutes work

Edited by mrmoto35

Nice, I actually have two 1985 atc250r's, my parents were the original owners of them.  I will never sell them.