Riding in this weather? (Northern CA)

Hi all,

I picked up my 17 WR450F today and I'm eager to get out and ride it. The only issue I see is the ridiculous weather forecast for this week... has anyone successfully managed to go out and ride in the weather like this? Are the SVRA's even open in Northern CA?

take it to an srva. I am going to PC this morning to get some riding in

That's probably the last place I would consider in this heat. I went riding last Friday up in the Eldo while it was 100 + down in the valley.

At least you've got the forest canopy to shade you from the sweltering sun. I rode for about four hours, found a nice creek after I mistakenly headed

down a foot path. Wasn't easy having to flip a bitch on a tiny little path when you're on a big ol' dualsport. Ya live and learn. Have pics but failed to upload.

ba34a755-4900-4d83-be37-26368c1f9180_zps

0ad991c4-84de-4a93-9e36-e909f985d37d_zps

• Like 1

those slant Husabergs are heavy. I almost died in Moonrocks going too far into a narrow ditch alone and had to drag it around,  back when My heart was fibulating and I had no strength unknown to me at the time.  I drug it around and got the front wheel snagged in brush and the rear wheel dug into the ditch wall.   What a Hercules effort of several tries to break it free and get it up and running.  I though the channel 9 air news chopper was gonna find me  dead in that ditch 10 days later  

By contrast my 2006 husaberg was the lightest 4 stroke on the planet

This is probably one of the lightest big bore dualsports around for it's size. I rode a KLX650 for twelve years and a TE610 after that. Those bikes

felt like tanks compared to the 570. Here's a POV of the trail. Just stupidity on my part for even attempting it.

vlcsnap-2017-09-03-10h51m20s482_zpsym8js

vlcsnap-2017-09-03-10h52m34s306_zpsbpqe6

I explore on a 690 pig.. I have drug that beast back to the trail several times.. They say it weighs no more than a DRZ.. Lead some dual sport guys on a ride one and was told "Normal people don't ride a 690 on stuff like this.. " Best/only complement I have ever got. :ride:

To the original question there are a few dirt bike trails at high altitude. Takes some research, long drive, and rocky trails.

y8D0eoI.jpg

Or get out early in the forest, the trails in the shady canyons are surprisingly cool in the summer.  

• Like 1

It's true...  forest or desert...  you can double your riding opportunities if you just get your ass OUT of bed in the morning.  :thumbsup:

• Like 3