Getting Back into Riding!

Hey Fellas, 

I'm new to this forum and look forward to learning a bunch as I get back into riding! I'm 20 years old... 6'2 195. I used to ride very regularly when I was younger. Started of with a honda xr50, then moved to a honda crf70, then an xr100, and my last bike was a Suzuki rm80. I stopped riding about 7 or 8 years ago for whatever reason but recently I've got the itch to get back on a bike and rip! 

My question for you guys is what bike should I start back up with? I'm obviously a little rusty after not riding for quite some time but I still have the basic knowledge on how to ride. I'm thinking for someone my size I should be riding a 250 or a 450. I'm a little hesitant to go the 450 rout because I think I might kill myself on a 450... am I overthinking that? I'm sort of leaning towards a Kawasaki kx250f or a Honda crf250r. What are the main differences between the two bikes? I realize that now days the major Japanese brands are all so good that it almost comes down to what color you like but hopefully you guys can provide some more insight! 

Well, like the above statement mentions, we need to know what kind of riding you will be doing to property suggest our opinion of the best bike suitable for your use.  Anyway, at your size I would diffidently recommend a 450 4t or 250 2t (if your brave enough lol). I think you'd soon get bored of a 250 since you weigh nearly 200 (no offence btw lol).  Good luck with your decision!   

Looking to ride mx tracks for fun and maybe race in the future but racing is not a goal as of now. Also ride trails every now and then but a majority of what I used to do and really enjoyed was mx. Budget is around $3,500-$4,000 

7 hours ago, Edgecombe said:

Yz250.

Kali.

2 strokes are pretty restricted for trail as I understand. Don't know about MX.