Why does chain guide do this?

2013 kx450f and I always keep chain adjusted per manila, 2-2.25 inches.  It always eats stock chain guides but this is more than normal.  Is it the stick chain guide or just bad guide placement?  Hate to but a TM design one amd it eats it up too

0903170941.jpg

It only has 25 hour on it since I replaced and it wears into the aluminum very quickly.  Its not the first time but it has progressed more than it ever has.

I think it's poor quality chain guid material from the factory. I don't understand why because not many riders buy the genuine part to replace them. Maybe a cheap one is fitted to keep the price down.

I have 120 hrs on an acerbis chain guide and it looks like it could go another 120 hrs. I am using stock gearing. 

Edited by skthom2320

23 minutes ago, pavetim said:

Think it's a 51 rear.

Only 1 tooth over stock...that shouldnt be enough to chew it out that fast. Usually when you go 2 or more teeth more over stock, you end up with accelerated wear on the guide/block. Could be a poor design. Ive always had ktm with no problems, this is my first Kawi. I have a TM Designs kit waiting on the bench to go on at the end of the year. Im keeping stock gearing.