YZ80 with 28mm Keihin PWK jetting. Need help.

My brother in law bought a yz80 for my nephew. It has a Keihin PWK 28mm carb with a 152 main jet and 45 pilot jet. I'm struggling to gather any data on where a good starting point should be via google. If need be, we can go back to a mikuni, we just would have to buy one. I've always liked PWKs better than mikunis from back in the days of me owning banshees, so if there is any info from anyone who has done this swap available, I'd appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using ThumperTalk mobile app

start with your air screw, turn it all the way in and back it out 1.5 turns out if it smokes a lot, back it out another half turn, wait 30 seconds and pay attention to exhaust smoke, if it goes down a decent amount down to being thim whisps of smoke then youre doing good, if its not smoking at all turn it in until you get thin whisps of smoke. and thing more than 2.5 turns out requires a smaller jet, anything less than than .5 turn requires a bigger jet. Make sure everything is mechanically sound before you do any jetting because say you do a top end it could run leaner because its burning most of its fuel

start with your air screw, turn it all the way in and back it out 1.5 turns out if it smokes a lot, back it out another half turn, wait 30 seconds and pay attention to exhaust smoke, if it goes down a decent amount down to being thim whisps of smoke then youre doing good, if its not smoking at all turn it in until you get thin whisps of smoke. and thing more than 2.5 turns out requires a smaller jet, anything less than than .5 turn requires a bigger jet. Make sure everything is mechanically sound before you do any jetting because say you do a top end it could run leaner because its burning most of its fuel

I'm quite familiar with jetting and air/fuel screw adjustments in known comminations/factory parts, but I do appreciate your insight. What I'm really looking for is just a good starting place on the jetting and if anyone is familiar with an older bike and this particular carb swap.

Sent from my SM-G930V using ThumperTalk mobile app

I need help I have a 01 yz80 with fmf pipe keihin carb need help jetting 35 pilot and 230 main and it runs with the screw all the way in. Any help I can get would be awesome 

Edited by Angelo Sostre
Put more info