NEED HELP!!

I bought a 2001 Honda CR250. Ran it for 2 hours and ran great. It has the Keihin airstryker carb. I changed the pilot from a 45 to 48. Now it won't turn over. It's as if it's not getting any fire. I have attached a video of the spark from the plug. Is this enough spark?  I have my first desert race next weekend on this bike and I don't know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Thomas Sangster

It's a new jet.  What do you mean by plugged? If you are referring to the exhaust having a wash plug in it then no it was not plugged.  BUT I have done that before and it does feel the same way this does.  I just took the carb back off and put the 45 pilot back in.  I forgot I also changed the idle needle and clip position so I put the original needle back in and the clip back where it was.  Is it possible my engine is flooded? If so how would I correct this?

It's a new jet.  What do you mean by plugged? If you are referring to the exhaust having a wash plug in it then no it was not plugged.  BUT I have done that before and it does feel the same way this does.  I just took the carb back off and put the 45 pilot back in.  I forgot I also changed the idle needle and clip position so I put the original needle back in and the clip back where it was.  Is it possible my engine is flooded? If so how would I correct this?

I was talking about the jet being plugged if it was an old one. I'm not familiar with that carb so I won't be much help but this is why you should only change one thing at a time when dealing with carbs. Is your float height within spec?

Well I just changed everything back to the way it was originally and it did not help.  I didn't take the float out of the carb when I changed the needle and pilot jet.  I will check and see though if it is set correctly.  Thanks

Well I just changed everything back to the way it was originally and it did not help.  I didn't take the float out of the carb when I changed the needle and pilot jet.  I will check and see though if it is set correctly.  Thanks

Sometimes starting them up again after carb cleanings can be a pain. I like to take a little premix, throw it down the spark plug hole straight into the cylinder, put the plug back in, and kick it over. Should start.
  • Like 1