XR650L kickstart addition questions, rebuild advice needed!

Hey all, after a busy summer of school and work I've finally carved out some time to replace my busted countershaft. After reviewing several threads about the kickstart addition, I decided this would be my chance to have a kickstart/easy button combo bike. Luckily enough I found a '95 XR600R basket case with a blown head but very useable bottom end with all the kicker bits I need!

Pulled out the engine last night and now I need a little bit of sagely advice from the wise folks here at TT:

First, I need a gasket set for the rebuild, will Winderosa/Mooseracing be okay, or should I only put in OEM gaskets? Also, I'll be splitting both cases this week to get all the parts out and begin putting them in the L, but is there anything specifically I should be looking out for when inspecting the donor parts? Any tips on splitting the cases in general? Finally, I know there's been a handful of people who have done this mod, and I know everything fits into place in the L bottom end nicely, but has anyone had any strange issues? This bike will be carrying myself and some gear to Baja this winter for ~3 weeks and it needs to be dead reliable, or at least as reliable as it was last year in baja.

Thanks to everyone on the boards who has helped me out thus far, the kickstart add on threads are very helpful! I should say, this is my first complete tear down so any advice/tips are very welcome!

Here's a pic of the engines out on bench:

IMG_20170902_215433.jpg

Wanted to Pm you but your mailbox is full. You need to delete some mail

Weird, I actually only have one PM right now; it says I've only used 2% of my messenger storage. 

Nope. Your mail/in box is full.

Not sure what's up. Have tried 2 computers and my phone with same error messages. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 9.07.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 9.07.01 AM.png

PM'd you