No oil coming out of drain plug.

2013 Honda CRF450r. Bought it and tried to change the oil and nothing is coming out of the drain plug, but it does have oil in it. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using ThumperTalk mobile app

I dont know much about the CRF's - but are you sure it had oil in it? I assume you just purchased and this is the first thing youre doing to the bike - was it ran before purchase? Is there oil in the sight glass/dip stick?  Is this for the Trans or engine (I do believe some years had separate oils for the four strokes)?  If you pour oil in the fill does it come out?

Yes, I finally found the right video. All the videos I watched had the drain plug on the side. Mines on the bottom. Been away from dirt bikes for 3 decades, so I'm learning all over again. Thanks

11 hours ago, baja27 said:

Yes, I finally found the right video. All the videos I watched had the drain plug on the side. Mines on the bottom. Been away from dirt bikes for 3 decades, so I'm learning all over again. Thanks

You do know there are two drain bolts on hondas right??  The one on the under side of the motor is the engine oil and the one just under the counter shaft sprocket on the side of the engine is for the tranny side. You fill the engine side oil on the left side of the engine where the dip stick is at and fill the tranny side in the black cap just in front of the kick start under the exhaust. You want enough oil in the tranny that when the check bolt is removed oil just starts to creep out that hole with the bike sitting up vertical. The bolt is just in front of the clutch cover just above the big round plug for checking crank timing. Should be a 8 or 10 mm bolt with a copper seal washer on it. 

yup, like trvshonda said, completely separate chambers for engine and tranny on most year CRFs including your '13 ('17/18 is a single chamber).  If you removed the bottom drain plug and nothing came out, you didn't have any oil in the engine side!  Make sure when you fill it you use a non-Moly oil in the tranny side (ie. don't use Honda HP4M). Moly is okay (actually it's good) in the engine side!

On 9/3/2017 at 1:11 PM, baja27 said:

2013 Honda CRF450r. Bought it and tried to change the oil and nothing is coming out of the drain plug, but it does have oil in it. Any help would be appreciated.

You completed step 1 - buy the dirt bike.

Step 2 - buy the bike specific service manual. Ten bucks online at https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/274301933-crf450r-service-manual-repair-2009-2016-crf450.

Edited by GoneDirtBikeN