Tahuya vintage bike ride

I wanted to see if there would be any interest in a group ride with older bikes. Lets say any bike from 1986 and older. If you have been itching to take your old steed out for a spin here is your chance. Im thinking maybe the 16th or 17th of September.  If i can generate enough interest maybe do it once a month. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dane Richardson said:

What state do u live in never mind I looked at your profile

I probably should have gave a location . Thinking either Tahuya or Capital forest. 

4 minutes ago, campdirt said:

have a 1996 xr could i get an exemption,  cause it uses 1986 technology?

We might have to handicap you a little.  You have brakes that work so maybe need to grease up that rear disk. :ride:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, campdirt said:

have a 1996 xr could i get an exemption,  cause it uses 1986 technology?

Remove your rear brake rotor. Now you've leveled the playing field. 

I went and rode my super secret location west of Seattle today on my 1996 KX250. Tank is 2.2 gallons. Rode 22 miles in the heat on slow user built trail. Got 10 MPG and nearly had to push it the last 1,000 feet back to the truck ..... so...... my 1996 is also based on 1986 technology so I also deserve a waiver too. :blah: 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, campdirt said:

dam i cant catch a break,  i need some sort of  an advantage to keep up  lol.

Was that pun intended?   LOL

Joe

• Like 1

On 9/4/2017 at 11:08 AM, trailmeisterjoe said:

Was that pun intended?   LOL

Joe

no, dam i missed that! oh and to shrubitup, 1996 kx250 won a lot of pro and amatuer motocross races. 96 xr 250.. not a one

• Like 1

If anyone is interested in seeing what a 30+ year old enduro bike was like come on out. I can bring an extra bike , you take one for a test spin. I will bring the IT490 and the IT200. Two extremes, one light and nimble,  the other will prove your manhood. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, harnessthegnarness said:

Capitol?

Not this time, I will be at Elfendall staging at 9am Saturday. Will have the IT490. 

On 9/3/2017 at 2:03 PM, GreenMT_Rider said:

I wanted to see if there would be any interest in a group ride with older bikes. Lets say any bike from 1986 and older. If you have been itching to take your old steed out for a spin here is your chance. Im thinking maybe the 16th or 17th of September.  If i can generate enough interest maybe do it once a month. 

is the vintage ride still in the works? i am trying to make a deal on 2 1983 can am 250 enduros. i would be " legal" then..lol

• Like 1

I don't need a reminder of what it was like having both brakes in full on lock skidding sideways yelling ooooohhhhh ssssshhhhhiiiiittttt!!!!! I'm gonna die!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmokinJoe said:

I don't need a reminder of what it was like having both brakes in full on lock skidding sideways yelling ooooohhhhh ssssshhhhhiiiiittttt!!!!! I'm gonna die!!

vintage bikes are actually safer because they are lower to the ground,shorter distance to fall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, campdirt said:

is the vintage ride still in the works? i am trying to make a deal on 2 1983 can am 250 enduros. i would be " legal" then..lol

I was going to see if there was still any interest for one. No one wanted to before.  I will be using the IT200 this winter on a few rides, if I can get some guy's to bring there pre 86 bikes out that would be great.