So I have been doing some serious research on both of these bars and looking for some more real world reviews, as opposed to website reviews. From what I gather...

TE pros - cheaper to purchase, multi flex angles, light weight

Cons - from what I have read there were some serious breakage issues with the earlier models, not sure if that has been addressed, limited bends, have to use TE barkbusters, you get one bend/one flex for your money

Flexx pros - multitude of bends / heights, tuneable, no breakage issues, seems their warranty is very good, serviceable / rebuildable, can use my current barkbusters ( cycra ) which makes them cheaper

Cons - more expensive ( if i buy their handgaurds ), heavier by 2lbs ( supposedly ), only flexes up/down ( although im not sure if that is a pro or con )

From the many reviews I have read and research done, I am leaning towards the TE bars; however holding me back is the cost. Its a big purchase and I want to get it right. I also LOVE my cycra gaurds - they are still in one piece after falls and wacking a fair number of trees. They were also around $200 to purchase and the TE bars would throw that $200 down the drain.

About me

Bike is a 2015 yz250fx. I ride lots of single track and trails and this year started getting into a few XC / enduro races as a Nov C class. Im 30, ugh, and I work with my hands all day long everyday. I find my hands tire very quickly and go numb on tougher trails. I have been seeing an RMT about the numbness which was partly due to multiple pinched nerves; so this has been partly resolved. I do get arm pump sometimes, but my main goal is to relieve my hands of their symptoms.

I know suspension setup is huge and that is being worked on; as much as my limited knowledge will allow.

Would be a huge help to hear from anyone with similar symptoms and hopefully have experience with the flex bars.

Thanks

MOST important difference is once you purchase the TE , the flex characteristic is what you are stuck with. The FF ones you can use multiple bushing densities to customize either direction. I now that I do not want the same amount of flex pulling in the up direction as I have in the down because it makes the bars vague when suddenly pulling up to jump a last second obstacle.

Joe

And what were your symptoms before? Why did you start using them?

My biggest issue is hand fatigue and hands going numb

TE is super lightweight.  Only a few bends and you have to use their handguards.  I think considering what you get it is the same price as flexbars.

I don't think the bars breaking are close to being an issue but it does happen and there doesn't seem to be a type of crash that does it.  I've seen pics of flexbars coming apart too and don't know that one is any better or worse in that regard than the other.

A good amount of flex bar users have gone over to TE and love them, haven't heard of it the other way around but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

There is another outfit that has the bars encased in rubber or something that many have gone to so it may be worth looking into.

I use flex bars on my bikes and like them but hate the weight.  But I have them and like em and likely wont change anytime soon.  I didn't get them for any numbness or issue other then wanting a better ride and more importantly to keep things from happening to my old body.  Riders need to be thinking about this more as a preventative, no matter the age.  Same goes for spending money on suspension, comfortable seats, handgrips etc. 

Once you get your bike setup so that it feels like a cushion when you ride your body will thank you. 

Edit:  I would also add that even the type of bike you ride has a good or bad vib that you may not agree with.  It was one reason I went with a new counter balanced 2s vs my very sweet 16 2s.  Many think 4s are better in the vibe department but my 450 shook like a paint mixer.

If your having numbness issues make sure your not on a bike that is making it worse.

Edited by Sycamore

Owning TE bats and riding a few sets of fastco bars before buying the TE the TE feel way better to me while riding but the full wrap hand guards are a big deal to me as the TE ones are not very good. After running the TE's for 4 years on 3 bikes I went back to some renthals.