Colorado single track tips

Hey guys I'm looking to head to CO from CA end of September. My brother in law loves in grand junction. I'd like to leave from his place for a couple nights to camp/ride some single track and do some sight seeing, waterfalls, lakes, etc. I know we don't wanna blast single track info all over the web, but if any of you kind souls from CO wouldn't mind DMing me some recommendations I would be forever greatful! I have a 4x4 truck with four wheel camper and bike trailer, so cold weather isn't a huge deterrent. Let me know what you guys think!

it would be a mistake to be that close to Moab and not ride the coolest terrain on the planet. It is 90 minutes from Junction.

Moab is wonderful. Rabbit Valley is also right out of GJ/Fruita. It can still be hot but manageable.

I've never ridden the Grand Mesa but that's nearby GJ too. Looking at a map, that's probably best done as a plated bike. Have fun and please be sure to purchase the required OHV permits for Colorado and Utah. It can be done easily online

Sent from my SM-G950U using ThumperTalk mobile app

2 hours ago, catmanz440 said:

Moab is wonderful. Rabbit Valley is also right out of GJ/Fruita. It can still be hot but manageable.

I've never ridden the Grand Mesa but that's nearby GJ too. Looking at a map, that's probably best done as a plated bike. Have fun and please be sure to purchase the required OHV permits for Colorado and Utah. It can be done easily online

Sent from my SM-G950U using ThumperTalk mobile app

You don't need a plated bike for the Grand Mesa but most of the trail system is double track. The 50 inch trails are still fun and the two legal single track trails (Drop Off Trail and Point camp Trail) are both fun. It is a good after work ride area if you live close enough.

6 minutes ago, TE300 said:

since when did we stop talking about single track on the internet?

You were probably on vacation the week the memo came out about it.  I think it was about 5 years ago.

• Like 3

Hey guys I'm looking to head to CO from CA end of September. My brother in law loves in grand junction. I'd like to leave from his place for a couple nights to camp/ride some single track and do some sight seeing, waterfalls, lakes, etc. I know we don't wanna blast single track info all over the web, but if any of you kind souls from CO wouldn't mind DMing me some recommendations I would be forever greatful! I have a 4x4 truck with four wheel camper and bike trailer, so cold weather isn't a huge deterrent. Let me know what you guys think!

What part of CA are you coming from? And is this a visit or are you moving? Curious if where you're saying. Would help to make recommendations.

I'm from SoCal and have made the drive a few times.

On 9/6/2017 at 5:45 PM, SilvFx said:

You were probably on vacation the week the memo came out about it.  I think it was about 5 years ago.

And for good reason.